Reload this Page >

Priority Pass Airport Lounges [Consolidated thread from 2013 onward]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Pass Airport Lounges [Consolidated thread from 2013 onward]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2014, 3:36 am

Programs: SPG, Aeroplan, WJ, Avis Preferred, Hertz Gold, Fairmont PC, IHG, Marriott, Airmiles, Aventura,Avion
MLL is Maple Leaf Lounge. I am Canadian.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
OK. I think there may be some misunderstandings here. Priority Pass is not a lounge and does not operate any lounges (AFAIK). It is a company that has agreements with lounges to allow cardholders and their guests in. Most of those lounges will also sell (or otherwise distribute) passes directly to people.

Plaza Premium is not a certain country's name for Priority Pass. It is a group of lounges.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:27 pm

Priority Pass; Yay or Nay? Others? Pay as you go?

I joined Priority Pass to get into a couple lounges this year. I don't travel a really large amount (2-3 times a year?) so I used about 6 of my 10 lounges this year.

What is your recommendation/opinion on this? Is it worth the money? Are there better options? Should I pay for a lounge on an as needed basis?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:54 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

As lounge pass companies aren't really travel tools, we'll move this to a more appropriate forum for broader input.

There are other lounge pass schemes. Diners Card (now actually a MasterCard in the US), Airport Angels and Priority Pass use mostly the same lounges. Some AMEX cards allow you to earn points and give you a pay as you go Priority Pass.

AMEX itself has their own Centurion lounges for Platinum and Centurion members. And as you point out, you can pay for access at some lounges, and some US airlines sell daily passes.

JDiver
Senior Moderator
Old Oct 21, 2014, 1:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I remember back in my Diners Club years, I used a few lounges where that card gave me access. They mostly outside the U.S. and the "general contract" lounge for a given airport. I was generally underwhelmed but couldn't complain much as I valued DC for other things and didn't really consider myself to be "paying extra" for these lounges.

Because of that, I never opted to join Priority Pass as a paying member. I'd look at the airports where I was most likely to have a connecting flight and either see nothing or see a very basic lounge. But for some people I imagine it makes a lot of sense.

I also came back to the fact that if I traveled enough to make Priority Pass useful, I'd probably hit mid-tier in a major alliance anyway and just use that alliance's lounge.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
I have it as an Amex benefit, but I probably wouldn't pay outright for it. I use it quite seldom, since my *A Gold status gets me into better lounges or, worst case, the same lounges as PP in most cases. If you don't have qualifying status with one of the major alliances, it become a bit more valuable depending on your travel habits. It's gotten better the past couple of years, IMHO--quite a few *A lounges accept it now--but still not worth the asking price.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 3:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When PP first started, I had the basic plan where you paid an annual fee of around $100 plus about $29 per lounge visit. My AmEx PTS wonderful longterm travel agent suggested it, although I had seen the brochures in some European lounges a bit earlier. I've always viewed it as an insurance policy to guarantee lounge access just about anywhere I could be stuck.

More recently I have PP Select from AmEx, although at first I kept both for the UA lounges. Now I have *A *Gold through Aegean, so I can use the UA (and other *A partner) lounges whenever I fly *A.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:12 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist
Priority Pass card ?

I have subscribed to Priority Pass card, and it seems that my credit card was charged for the membership. However, I have still not received an e-mail from PP regarding my membership neither my card number.

Is this normal? I e-mailed them regarding this and I'm waiting for their response....

I just received a response from them, so never mind.

Last edited by aceboy44; Feb 20, 2015 at 12:08 pm
Old Apr 8, 2015, 12:32 am

Priority Pass Lounges

I have a PP account that gives me unlimited free visits a year, and I was wondering if it's possible to bring in a guest, free of charge.

I know the standard is to have the guest pay for a visit, but I recall reading somewhere that if you have x number of free visits, you can utilize them in one visit by bringing a guest in.

[Mods, please feel free to move to a more appropriate forum - I can't find anywhere that has a PP thread...]
Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:09 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Priority Pass Lounges

The specifics of your membership govern. I believe for most plans, each guest is $27.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 7:13 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
And the lounge agent won't ask for $27. He/she will just swipe your card, and if you are bringing a guest, you'll see $27 charged on the credit card you have hooked up to the PP card.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 7:55 am
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold
Priority Pass Lounges

I have used PP many times and they won't let a guest free. They will swipe your card and you will be charged $27 automatically.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum
Priority Pass Lounges

As a holder via my AMEX Platinum for four years I can confirm the above is correct. They won't tell you pricing at the location but $27/person is correct.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by agp423
And the lounge agent won't ask for $27. He/she will just swipe your card, and if you are bringing a guest, you'll see $27 charged on the credit card you have hooked up to the PP card.
Darn.
Was hoping to charm the agent into closing both eyes.

Thanks a bunch, guys!
Old May 9, 2015, 1:13 pm

The PP options at Istanbul are dreadful. The surroundings were so drab and depressing that I had to leave.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.