FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Priority Pass Airport Lounges [Consolidated thread from 2013 onward] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/1623027-priority-pass-airport-lounges-consolidated-thread-2013-onward.html)

askmrlee Jan 3, 2013 10:28 am

Priority Pass Airport Lounges [Consolidated thread from 2013 onward]

I have both an Amex Platinum/PP Select and a US Diners Club issued only to me. When traveling with a spouse has anyone used both cards to allow both you and a spouse to enter a lounge or have they been strict and demanded a card in the spouse's name for entry?

[Moderator note: this is the more recent (and current) portion of a long thread which was just split to make current information easier to find. For historical purposes, the earlier part of the thread is still visible, but closed. You may find it here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...gh-2012-a.html. Thanks, TravelBuzz forum moderator team.

FlyerGoldII Apr 7, 2013 9:02 pm

10 visit pass - some questions.

The membership that gives 10 passes for one year, followed by additional lounge visits that year for US$27 - I have some questions?

Does the cardholder get the card, plus the 10 lounge passes?

or Does the cardholder only get the card, with the 10 free lounge passes encrypted onto the card?

or Does the cardholder only get the 10 lounge passes?

What I am trying to get at- can anyone else, besides the cardholder use the 10 passes? Can the guest(s) use the lounge pass, without the cardholder being there? Or to put it another way, are the 10 passes transferable? Can all 10 lounge passes in theory be used by 10 different people with one lounge visit?

baliktad Apr 8, 2013 2:29 am

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII (Post 20553858)
The membership that gives 10 passes for one year, followed by additional lounge visits that year for US$27 - I have some questions?

Does the cardholder get the card, plus the 10 lounge passes?

or Does the cardholder only get the card, with the 10 free lounge passes encrypted onto the card?

or Does the cardholder only get the 10 lounge passes?

What I am trying to get at- can anyone else, besides the cardholder use the 10 passes? Can the guest(s) use the lounge pass, without the cardholder being there? Or to put it another way, are the 10 passes transferable? Can all 10 lounge passes in theory be used by 10 different people with one lounge visit?

There are no passes. The cardholder gets the actual Priority Pass card (permanent plastic card with name stamped in like a credit card). Only the cardholder is authorized to use the card. This is usually but not always enforced by the lounges checking ID upon entry.

The first 10 visits simply do not incur a charge to your credit card on file with PP. Further visits will incur a $27 charge per visit. Anytime you enter a lounge with 1 or more guests, your credit card will be charged $27 each.

In short, there is no way to transfer the benefits of the 10-entry PP card.

FlyerGoldII Apr 8, 2013 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by baliktad (Post 20554722)
There are no passes. The cardholder gets the actual Priority Pass card (permanent plastic card with name stamped in like a credit card). Only the cardholder is authorized to use the card. This is usually but not always enforced by the lounges checking ID upon entry.

The first 10 visits simply do not incur a charge to your credit card on file with PP. Further visits will incur a $27 charge per visit. Anytime you enter a lounge with 1 or more guests, your credit card will be charged $27 each.

In short, there is no way to transfer the benefits of the 10-entry PP card.

So, each and every time, the cardholder has to use the card (associated with the 10 free passes). In addition, the free passes can be used by the companions to the cardholder?

baliktad Apr 8, 2013 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII (Post 20558477)
So, each and every time, the cardholder has to use the card (associated with the 10 free passes). In addition, the free passes can be used by the companions to the cardholder?

There are no passes.

No passes.

No passes exist.

There are no passes to hand out to friends, companions, employees or employers, guests, or otherwise.

Priority Pass does not have passes. At any level of any type.

Give up on the idea of passes and transferability, because Priority Pass does not have passes.

A Priority Pass is a physical card (like a credit card) that has the owners name permanently stamped on it. Only the owner can use the card to gain admittance to a lounge. The first 10 times the owner uses the card to gain admittance for himself, there is no charge. On the 11th time the owner uses the card to gain admittance for himself to a lounge, there is a charge of $27 that will post to the credit card on file. Same for the 12th and 13th and all future lounge entries.

Guests are totally separate. Anytime you bring in a guest, it will cost you $27. No matter what. Guests always cost $27 apiece, on the first entry, the 11th entry, or the 100th entry. It's always $27 per guest no matter what. It doesn't matter what kind of Priority Pass you get, guests always cost $27. If you don't want to pay for guests, do not get a Priority Pass.

Boraxo Apr 9, 2013 1:43 am

Current link for 20% discount on new member fees thru April 15:

http://www.prioritypass.com/cpc/anni...code=DAANN13FT

If you live outside North America and Western Europe, you may be eligible for 35% off if you use your VISA card (see link on this page):

http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/64196

Is there any way to avoid the $27 fee for family members? I see that I can get family members their own card for $49, but they still have to pay the $27. That seems completely pointless, unless they travel separately.

planes&trains Apr 9, 2013 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo (Post 20560413)

Shows expired.

kaell Sep 18, 2013 6:50 am

I do have 50% discount for PP select for a member + guest, pm me if interested

Rommie2k6 Oct 10, 2013 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by baliktad (Post 20558523)
There are no passes.

No passes.

No passes exist.

There are no passes to hand out to friends, companions, employees or employers, guests, or otherwise.

Priority Pass does not have passes. At any level of any type.

Give up on the idea of passes and transferability, because Priority Pass does not have passes.

A Priority Pass is a physical card (like a credit card) that has the owners name permanently stamped on it. Only the owner can use the card to gain admittance to a lounge. The first 10 times the owner uses the card to gain admittance for himself, there is no charge. On the 11th time the owner uses the card to gain admittance for himself to a lounge, there is a charge of $27 that will post to the credit card on file. Same for the 12th and 13th and all future lounge entries.

Guests are totally separate. Anytime you bring in a guest, it will cost you $27. No matter what. Guests always cost $27 apiece, on the first entry, the 11th entry, or the 100th entry. It's always $27 per guest no matter what. It doesn't matter what kind of Priority Pass you get, guests always cost $27. If you don't want to pay for guests, do not get a Priority Pass.

Where does it state that the first 10 visits for the card owner is free? I just received my Priority Pass card, the letter stated $27 per visit! What a rip off

FYI, I got it from my Hilton Surpass card. Do different cards give another type of Priority Pass that makes it truly free?

14940674 Oct 10, 2013 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6 (Post 21588307)
FYI, I got it from my Hilton Surpass card. Do different cards give another type of Priority Pass that makes it truly free?

Yes. The Priority Pass provided with the Platinum card is at the Prestige level, which includes unlimited free visits for the cardholder.

Rommie2k6 Oct 13, 2013 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by 14940674 (Post 21588447)
Yes. The Priority Pass provided with the Platinum card is at the Prestige level, which includes unlimited free visits for the cardholder.

Thanks. So the priority pass from Hilton Surpass is basically a piece of junk?

rokroksfo Oct 21, 2013 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6 (Post 21588307)
Where does it state that the first 10 visits for the card owner is free? I just received my Priority Pass card, the letter stated $27 per visit! What a rip off

Unfortunately there is no such thing as free. Only AMEX Platinum and Black will be allowed to enter the lounges that belong to pass priority (with the exception of United Club you cannot enter here because it is an american express issue card) The P P card membership has three classification 1) Priority Pass with $99 annual membership with $27 fee per visit for any lounge (you can enter United Club by paying $27). 2) Priority Pass Plus for $249 annual membership entitles the card holder only a maximum 10 visits per lounge after the ten visits or in your 11th visit and so forth you will pay the $27 entrance fee. 3) Priority Pass Prestige for $399 annual membership and this has the unlimited visit to any lounges. The card is a form of I.D. that will let you use the lounges without joining any airline frequent flyer programs. Even if you could afford to pay the $27 entrance fee, without the card you will not be able to go inside unless, you know someone that posses a card and let you in as his/her guest. It is an excellent card if you travel internationally or domestic flying coach. I love using it, just paying $27 instead of the $50 per day pass with airline. Go try it.

rokroksfo Oct 21, 2013 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by 14940674 (Post 21588447)

It is so true! but platinum or centurion card holder will not be accepted inside United Club. Only Priority Pass card holders. I wonder if Chase got something to do with this??????

eldy Feb 13, 2014 12:09 am

I was issued a Priority Pass Select card when I asked for one with my Amex Plat. Should I call again and ask for an updated card or will the membership number suffice to identify it as a Prestige membership level card?

I saw on a blog that one should be able to "check-in" someone they know instead of using the lounge themselves. Is that still true?

Can I use more than one lounge on the same layover?

eldy Feb 13, 2014 12:14 am

Originally Posted by eldy (Post 22339983)
I was issued a Priority Pass Select card when I asked for one with my Amex Plat. Should I call again and ask for an updated card or will the membership number suffice to identify it as a Prestige membership level card?

I saw on a blog that one should be able to "check-in" someone they know instead of using the lounge themselves. Is that still true?

Can I use more than one lounge on the same layover?

Found one of my questions' answer. The card is a Prestige level membership even though it says Select. The only limitation is no access to United lounges.