Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Ever Get an Amenity That Wasn't Intended For You?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ever Get an Amenity That Wasn't Intended For You?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2014, 8:25 am

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
I was just delivered a welcome gift at the inter continental warsaw (No status/not even an IHG number)
there was a hand written note in Polish (not addressed to me) and a wine split plus some fruits. The staff quickly came for the note - but insisted I keep the rest. A very kind welcome

http://imgur.com/5MmQ6LC
Old Jul 27, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Our bags were delayed/wrongly loaded or whatever somewhere between YVR-DUS-TXL, we all went to the Lufty desk for reports and hopefully gifts! There was 5 of us (all male), we all dealth with different agents (it seems there was lots of pax making this same connection) I got a men's amenity kit as did my buddy, one got nothing, one got a women's amenity kit (outside of the toothbrush/paste it was rather useless) and my other friend was given 250 Euro at a time when the exchange to Canadian was roughly 2.5, needless to say we all shared that and had a nice dinner with many a beer once we got to our hostel in Berlin.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 1:01 am

Programs: HH Silver
Golden Nugget in Vegas. I received a fruit basket and 6 pack of bottled water on my second night, along with a business card from their sales dept. I had a really crappy room, booked through an OTA. No reason I should have had an amenity. Still has me scratching my head wondering.... I think they just had the wrong room. Or maybe somehow figured out I am active on TA?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 1:50 am

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
I used to have a friend (now deceased), who happened to be black, named Sam Davis, Jr. You can imagine. Many times, hotels and restaurants weren't very happy when they found out the truth, but hey. That was his name.
My friend's uncle, mid-level sales rep for an automotive spare parts company, is Mr Gates. Although his first name is William, everyone calls him by the common nickname. He gets really good upgrades.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:14 am

Stayed at the Kempinski at Munich airport with Mr Compass31. Reservation was for 2 adults but the desk clerk wanted to know where the child was (he could see on his computer that the reservation was for 3.) He seemed most put out when we insisted there was only two of us. Glad we had brought a print out to prove it.

Got to the room and found a colouring book, crayons and a bag of gummy bears. We kept the gummy bears.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.