Funniest things you have read on Tripadvisor

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Funniest things you have read on Tripadvisor

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2014, 4:22 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
I'm involved in the operation of a small, rustic resort on Vancouver Island. My favourite negative review of the resort included the following -

If you want to get married ther have fun! The management will eat your food...!

The negative reviews upset our hardworking onsite caretakers but man do they make me chuckle some times...
Old Jan 15, 2014, 4:47 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
I will NEVER stay at a St. Regis property again! (and I think that the St Regis staff and management may be grateful)
Thanks. A most interesting thread
Old Jan 15, 2014, 5:40 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by exilencfc
Thanks. A most interesting thread
Yup, and I was surprised it lasted as long as it did before the lock. What's interesting, and I'm trying not to discuss individuals, is that those exact events could have been related in a different way and the audience would have been, in general, on the OP's side.

Funny thing, a couple of people in the thread said that the only reason they read the entire TA review was that they were at home sick in bed. That was precisely where and what I was when I read it too. That was my same situation when I read it, I wouldn't have been able to get through it otherwise.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA, USAir, Marriott, Priority Club
. . . . .
Old Jan 15, 2014, 8:58 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
From the Cherokee Indian Reservation in Cherokee, NC:

I brushed off the local Indian at the BP parking lot who screamed obscenities at me because he thought I said something to him as crazy... Then an attendant at another gas stationed refused to allow my 4 year old granddaughter to use the restroom (yes we were purchasing gas and yes they had a public restroom) then the local girl working at Dairy Queen was absolutely rude and even rolled her eyes when I said please and thank you....never again will I visit what used to be my favorite side of the Smokies. The racism toward anyone other than Indians is disappointing and sickening...
Old Jan 17, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
HIX Earl's Court, London

. Overall we were very comfortable. The only thing I found odd was that there was no toilet brush to clean the toilet bowl after use! When one shares a bathroom it is common courtesy to clean up. I asked at the reception desk and was told that the cleaning staff takes care of that. *hmmms... odd..
Reviewer described himself as living in Denmark, FWIW.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 10:00 am

Perhaps not quite funny, but both the 1 star and 5 star reviews for the 'Creation Museum' are often interesting as well as disturbing. (I actually googled it as I couldn't believe that such a thing exists. However I do highly recommend the Neanderthal Museum in Mettmann, near Düsseldorf, for those of us who do actually possess critical thinking skills)
Old Jan 19, 2014, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by beachmouse
HIX Earl's Court, London

Reviewer described himself as living in Denmark, FWIW.
It's entirely normal to find a toilet brush in hotel bathrooms in western Europe. As the reviewer states, it can be useful, especially as the water level is much lower than in American toilets.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by gglave
I'm involved in the operation of a small, rustic resort on Vancouver Island. My favourite negative review of the resort included the following -

If you want to get married ther have fun! The management will eat your food...!

The negative reviews upset our hardworking onsite caretakers but man do they make me chuckle some times...
Now tell us the rest of the story.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 5:44 pm

Not the funniest but I came across this one today:

cons: NO BREAKFAST FOR A $100 ROOM? i have never stayed at an hotel where the breakfast was not included at that price.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 6:42 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Not TripAdvisor, but I'm amused at the media's tales of hitting unfinished hotels at the Sochi and being told not to use 'dangerous face water' from the sink tap, which is coming out a lovely urine yellow color.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 9:30 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Amex MR
To the person complaining about the $100 hotel room not including breakfast at that price, I wonder how they would react to some of the room rates and breakfast prices in Manhattan and Jersey City?

Scoping out hotels myself for a Memorial Day trip to the NYC/NJ area and even halfway decent hotels in Manhattan and Jersey City will destroy your wallet.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 10:33 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
redacted
Old Feb 7, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
redacted
Old Feb 8, 2014, 10:16 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 12:40 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.