Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best "flight" video?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2013, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Best "flight" video?

A slightly off-topic question, but which "flight" video label is the best right now?

By this I mean, the video which show you a typical flight in the cockpit, usually from takeoff to landing, and sometimes including the flight dispatch section as well. Since I'm actually a bit of a plane buff in addition to being a regular flyer.

I'm told Justplanes has the largest collection of these videos, although their quality is a hit-and-miss affair (or so the reviewers say), some of them are very good, others are poorly edited with a distinct home video quality to it.

Th other one that I actually have is from a British production company, ITVV, with a flight on board the Concorde. Now that one is very good indeed. Extremely detailed and professionally edited. However the ITVV labels are rather pricey. They also haven't made any new videos in the last decade.

Another one I heard of is Pilots Eyes TV, a German production. Haven't seen it yet so if anyone have, are they any good?

Finally, there is the Viking Aviation Photo. I'm interested in getting a program from these folks, but I don't know whether it's worth it. If anyone has seen it, how does it compare to Justplanes and the other labels?
Old Oct 3, 2013, 6:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Best "flight" video?

Check out the video of first LH A380 arrival into SFO. It's stunning. Footage recorded from various places and it's made by LH.
It's on YouTube.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 8:28 am
Used to be 'FTcadence'

Seconding that recommendation!

http://youtu.be/AfHl87p7X5o
Old Oct 3, 2013, 8:34 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Pilots eye Tv, have fun.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the link. The Bay Area looks spectacular from the air.

So has anyone see any production from Viking Aviation Photo? Any good?

In these videos, I notice the pilots always called "80" knots on acceleration. I know they have V1 and V2, but what is the significance of 80 knots?
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:15 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Best "flight" video?

To check if both speed indicators are live and show the same speed before getting close to take-off speed?

I also really like the PilotsEye.tv productions, the HD versions are stunning!
Old Oct 3, 2013, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, National Executive
Best "flight" video?

80 kts makes sure the other pilot [and not instrumentation] is alive.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, glad I finally knew why they keep calling 80 knots when accelerating down the runway.

Seems like pilots eyes is the best label so far...have to check that out.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:15 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: JAL Global Club, One World Sapphire, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bwiadca
Check out the video of first LH A380 arrival into SFO. It's stunning. Footage recorded from various places and it's made by LH.
It's on YouTube.
Great video, thanks a lot for mentioning it!^
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Black Adder
Great video, thanks a lot for mentioning it!^
That reminds me of a fantastic Concorde video I saw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhbcH3pAPSI

The ITVV video on concorde which I got is more technical (which I liked), but this one above is also fairly good.

Always felt sad I never got the chance to fly on the concorde prior to it's retirement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.