FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best "flight" video?
View Single Post
Old Oct 3, 2013, 5:12 am
WindowSeat123

Best "flight" video?

A slightly off-topic question, but which "flight" video label is the best right now?

By this I mean, the video which show you a typical flight in the cockpit, usually from takeoff to landing, and sometimes including the flight dispatch section as well. Since I'm actually a bit of a plane buff in addition to being a regular flyer.

I'm told Justplanes has the largest collection of these videos, although their quality is a hit-and-miss affair (or so the reviewers say), some of them are very good, others are poorly edited with a distinct home video quality to it.

Th other one that I actually have is from a British production company, ITVV, with a flight on board the Concorde. Now that one is very good indeed. Extremely detailed and professionally edited. However the ITVV labels are rather pricey. They also haven't made any new videos in the last decade.

Another one I heard of is Pilots Eyes TV, a German production. Haven't seen it yet so if anyone have, are they any good?

Finally, there is the Viking Aviation Photo. I'm interested in getting a program from these folks, but I don't know whether it's worth it. If anyone has seen it, how does it compare to Justplanes and the other labels?