Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Foreign Passport as ID within USA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2010, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Foreign Passport as ID within USA

Hi guys, this is my situation: I have a renewed Costarican passport, with valid tourist Visa until 2015, I NEED to fly from Los Angeles to Washington D.C, I know that a foreign passport is an accepted form of ID flying within USA, but mi I-94 is expired, are TSA agents checking it?? or just the front passport's page and not even the Visa???
Any recent personal experience???
Thank you!!!
Have a great day!!!!
Old Dec 2, 2010, 3:48 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by ronyyy
Hi guys, this is my situation: I have a renewed Costarican passport, with valid tourist Visa until 2015, I NEED to fly from Los Angeles to Washington D.C, I know that a foreign passport is an accepted form of ID flying within USA, but mi I-94 is expired, are TSA agents checking it?? or just the front passport's page and not even the Visa???
Any recent personal experience???
Thank you!!!
Have a great day!!!!
Your I-94 is expired? What's your current status? I've flown inside the US with a UK passport (both with and without a visa) and nobody ever looked at anything apart from the passport page with my photo, name etc. on. YMMV.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

I'm out of status now, I know is risky but my company will send me there for a training !!!
Old Dec 2, 2010, 4:32 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
I fly domestically within the USA with my Canadian passport several times per year. The TSA only ever look at the photo page.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've travelled dozens of times within the U.S. with someone whose ID was a foreign passport and have never seen the TSA look at/for a visa.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Well my friends said the same, they will check the front page only, I hope so.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As the others have said, they're mainly concern about a valid photo I.D. not your I-94. So unless you deliberately show them the I-94, you'll be fine.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 10:48 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
ronyyy, welcome to FlyerTalk! As this is cross-posted in another forum (Travel Safety/Security) and FlyerTalk disallows cross-posting, this thread is closed. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.