Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

do arilines publish nutrition info(calories) of free onboard meals?(TATL and TPAC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

do arilines publish nutrition info(calories) of free onboard meals?(TATL and TPAC)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2010, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Old Nov 25, 2010, 4:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
No. They don't publish nutrition info on any of their meals AFAIK re: of class. Could be wrong.

PS - Welcome to FT!

Cheers.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 6:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
The pre-packaged foods.. i.e. United meal boxes.. may provide nutritional info.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 10:26 pm

Programs: Skyteam
If you are eating food supplied by an airline all you care about is can I chew it.

The answer to that is sometimes.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 7:08 am

I believe that the Korean Airlines (Korean Air and Asiana) put the kcal info next to the name on the menu.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 8:09 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
It would actually be quite useful if airlines did that. Normally people clean out their trays from main course to dessert. Once nutritional data appears, I'm pretty sure there will be lots of cases of untouched cakes, butter, chocolate bar, etc.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aster
It would actually be quite useful if airlines did that. Normally people clean out their trays from main course to dessert. Once nutritional data appears, I'm pretty sure there will be lots of cases of untouched cakes, butter, chocolate bar, etc.
I can just picture it... airlines putting calorie info on a little card that's handed out to passengers before meal service:

"Dear passenger, today we are please to provide you with three entree choices.

chicken with cream sauce(1200 kcal)
beef with grilled vegetables(1500 kcal)
fish with butter sauce on rice(1700 kcal)

For dessert, we have a special Bavarian choclate cream-filled cake(2100)......"

I'm sure many passengers will "opt-out" and the airlines will now have to load fewer meals.(saving them money)
Old Nov 26, 2010, 9:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
The way airlines are moving towards.. paid for food.. best bang for the buck is maximizing calories/cent spent.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:52 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
I actually like bringing my own food onboard. You should have seen the faces of fellow passengers when I whipped out some nice salmon sandwiches and a seafood salad with crayfish, all bought at that nice place at LHR whose name I can't recall.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 9:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Not to mention:
Sodium: 8000 mg
Old Dec 3, 2010, 12:03 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
In the normal course it really doesn't matter. Most of us know what the calorie count is approximately and that probably the food is high sodium. However, when they purport to provide a special diet meal, the counts should be there. United has no clue what to put on a low fat tray. I ordered several at a time when I was waiting to have my gall bladder operation and the fat count was really important. The trays were all low sugar, not low fat. Can't the airline's provider hire at least ONE nutritionist? If the counts were there for that type of food, at least it would be obvious that the food is either safe or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.