Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Airline Route Mapper tool (windows based)

Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Latest version (as of 24-Oct-2021) - available at http://depositfiles.com/files/2c753ofyy.
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 20, 2007, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

I am releasing Airline Route Mapper, a new tool that allows you to view and explore route maps of over 600 airlines.

I wrote this tool as a hobby project for my personal enjoyment and am making it freely available to fellow FlyerTalkers. Suggestions or bug reports are welcome.

Download page

Last edited by cockpitvisit; Jan 20, 2011 at 3:31 pm
Old Nov 20, 2007, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by cockpitvisit
Hello,

I am releasing Airline Route Mapper, a new tool that allows you to view and explore route maps of over 100 airlines.

I wrote this tool as a hobby project for my personal enjoyment and am making it freely available to fellow FlyerTalkers. Suggestions or bug reports are welcome.

Download link - Screenshot
Excellent! I like it better than before. I am really like interactive routes map all airlines. I can readable the routes where does go there from USA. It was incredible new interactive route map. Thank you for giving me out those new program.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 6:56 am

Programs: DL 1MM, UA 1K, PC Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marrott Silver
Very Cool! I will find this very handy. How often does the route information get updated? Is that done over as a separate data download or is it embedded into the app so it has to be re-installed?
Old Nov 21, 2007, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

The route information is currently embedded into the app. As to how often it will get updated, time will tell , but I plan to keep the app current.

One issue that has been reported is that SA, LX and HP are missing from the list of Star Alliance airlines in the app. So to get a Star Alliance route map including SA, you should select Custom... and enter the following airline codes:

AC BD JK LH LO NH NZ OS OZ SK SQ TG TP UA US SA LX HP
shengwan likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 1:13 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
What a terrific tool. Thanks for hooking this up!!!

That's some really nice German engineering
Old Nov 22, 2007, 7:56 am

Wonderful application. DANKE!
Old Nov 22, 2007, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
Well done! :-::-::-::-:
Old Nov 22, 2007, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred
Excellent, excellent tool, thank you very much!!!!^^^^
Old Nov 22, 2007, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
I'm not trying to start a religious war, but it appears from the download that this tool is for Windows systems only. Can you confirm, or explain how to use it with Linux, Mac OS or any other UNIX-based system?

TIA!
Old Nov 22, 2007, 11:04 am

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
How do you zoom in/out if you don't have a wheel on your mouse? i.e. you're on a notebook?
Old Nov 22, 2007, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Efrem
I'm not trying to start a religious war, but it appears from the download that this tool is for Windows systems only. Can you confirm, or explain how to use it with Linux, Mac OS or any other UNIX-based system?
The tool is for Windows systems only, sorry for not making it clear. If you have a Windows emulator, you may be able to run it, although the graphics would be noticeably slower (it uses OpenGL for graphics). I just tried it in VMWare, it worked surprisingly well.

This is a hobby project, and I can only afford doing it because I can reuse lots of code from my commercial projects, which are Windows-only. So don't expect native versions for non-Windows systems.

How do you zoom in/out if you don't have a wheel on your mouse? i.e. you're on a notebook?
To zoom on a notebook, you can use + and - keys on the keyboard. You can also scroll with arrow keys.
Old Nov 22, 2007, 11:30 am

Programs: AA EXP (Lifetime Plat)
Awesome! Thank you!
Old Nov 22, 2007, 11:33 am

Programs: AA EXP (Lifetime Plat)
Originally Posted by cockpitvisit
The tool is for Windows systems only, sorry for not making it clear. If you have a Windows emulator, you may be able to run it, although the graphics would be noticeably slower (it uses OpenGL for graphics). I just tried it in VMWare, it worked surprisingly well.

This is a hobby project, and I can only afford doing it because I can reuse lots of code from my commercial projects, which are Windows-only. So don't expect native versions for non-Windows systems.

To zoom on a notebook, you can use + and - keys on the keyboard. You can also scroll with arrow keys.
Oh Crap. I have a Mac! Thanks anyway!
Old Nov 22, 2007, 7:48 pm

Wow, neat tool. You should consider marketing your tool for more aviation enthusiasts to use. I'm sure many people would be interested. ^
Old Nov 23, 2007, 5:15 am

this is a great tool! I've wanted something like this for years. If you want to build a web version, I can donate a host for the site...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.