Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Sign in using an external account

Old Mar 26, 06, 10:49 am   #781
KVS
Company Representative - KVS Tool and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by james968
Has anyone tried compiling it on DarWINE-ppc for Mac's?
The Tool cannot be compiled using DarWine...
KVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 06, 3:58 pm   #782
KVS

Lightbulb FAQ: "Corrupt Installation Detected" Error

If you are getting a "Corrupt Installation Detected" error during the installation process, try the following:
  • Re-download the SETUP file;
  • Re-download the SETUP file using a different browser or from another computer;
  • If you are running the SETUP directly from your browser ("OPEN"), try saving it to disk first ("SAVE"), and then running it manually;
  • Make sure that the folder you are saving the SETUP file into does not contain any 'extended' or unicode characters, such as "", "", etc.;
  • Make sure that you have proper security permissions to access the TEMP folder and that it is not full;
  • Make sure that you have administrative privileges on your user account.
Old Mar 30, 06, 12:52 pm   #783

KVS,

I just got back recently from a non-rev trip as an airline employee, and brought along my laptop. Let me just say, your tool saved me a world of trouble for quick access to info I needed right away. I have an expertflyer acct. as well, but I don't have the time to wait for queries and the site to load sometimes. Having a program readily accessible is much easier!

However, I have a slight request. Would it be possible to create a new tab called something like "trip build?" I often fly on multiple carriers in one trip, or obviously, multiple routes on different flight #'s than what apollo would build for say...SFO-DEN-IND.

I guess maybe like a max of 3-5 flight lookups at once, and able to look at each flight on whichever system (apollo, etc) we would like. So, let's say I need to do the following route:

TUL-SLC-SFO. In this case, TUL-SLC is Delta, and SLC-SFO is UAL. I would like to go to my build flight page and enter in the first set of fields the flight info for TUL-SLC, and tell it the exact flight #, and then to also make it search Worldspan. Then on the second set of fields for flight #2, SLC-SFO is UAL, and I would like to again enter the exact flight # and tell it to search Apollo ITN.

This would be a GREAT feature! I can only wish and ask.
Cameron B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 06, 1:24 pm   #784
KVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron B
I just got back recently from a non-rev trip as an airline employee, and brought along my laptop. Let me just say, your tool saved me a world of trouble for quick access to info I needed right away. I have an expertflyer acct. as well, but I don't have the time to wait for queries and the site to load sometimes. Having a program readily accessible is much easier!
Glad you were able to experience this advantage of the Tool .

Quote:
I guess maybe like a max of 3-5 flight lookups at once, and able to look at each flight on whichever system (apollo, etc) we would like.
Regretfully, I will not be able to introduce any kind of a "batch" query process into the Tool, as doing so may jeopardize its continued existence...

Quote:
TUL-SLC-SFO. In this case, TUL-SLC is Delta, and SLC-SFO is UAL. I would like to go to my build flight page and enter in the first set of fields the flight info for TUL-SLC, and tell it the exact flight #, and then to also make it search Worldspan. Then on the second set of fields for flight #2, SLC-SFO is UAL, and I would like to again enter the exact flight # and tell it to search Apollo ITN.
However, based on the above scenario, I would suggest the following:

As a Platinum level member, you can run multiple instances of the Tool (on the same computer), and utilize the Filtering options. Therefore, you could:
  • Start 2 instances of the Tool
  • In the the 1st instance of the Tool, select Worldspan, enter TUL/SLC/DL, activate "Exclude Codeshare Flights" & "Non-Stop Direct Flights Only" filters
  • In the the 2nd instance of the Tool, select Apollo, enter SLC/SFO/UA, activate "Exclude Codeshare Flights" & "Non-Stop Direct Flights Only" filters
Old Mar 30, 06, 4:24 pm   #785

KVS,
How does the above scenario make it a "batched" query? Basically, search for the exact flight, ONE at a time. Is accessing just a single flight # a problem for some reason or another? I guess I fail to understand...
Old Mar 30, 06, 4:34 pm   #786
KVS

Quote:
How does the above scenario make it a "batched" query? Basically, search for the exact flight, ONE at a time. Is accessing just a single flight # a problem for some reason or another? I guess I fail to understand...
In your OP, you wrote "3-5 flight lookups at once", so that kind of answers that question...

Put more simply, the way the Tool currently works is based on the "1 click of the Go button = 1 query". What you are proposing, would make it "1 click of the Go button = multiple queries", which is problematic.
Old Mar 30, 06, 6:06 pm   #787

Ok,
Then how about it submits the queries one by one? Once query one is finished, it starts #2. If that is not possible, a go button next to each one with a set of fields, and it lists them in order that you look up in the "pad" area below.

Only thinking out loud, but I would REALLY like this feature!
Old Mar 31, 06, 1:50 pm   #788
KVS

Quote:
Then how about it submits the queries one by one? Once query one is finished, it starts #2.
That would still be batch processing...

Quote:
If that is not possible, a go button next to each one with a set of fields, and it lists them in order that you look up in the "pad" area below.
I will keep your suggestion in mind, but you can effectively accomplish the same thing in the current version, by just placing multiple copies of the Tool side-by-side, as described above...
Old Mar 31, 06, 11:14 pm   #789

I understand what you are saying. I guess what would be equally nice for my request, though I don't know if doable, is if you can tell the program to open two, three, or four instances on your desktop, and then auto fit them to the screen. Is this possible?

Thanks, and again, only thinking out loud! I fully support this product!
Old Apr 1, 06, 11:01 am   #790
KVS

Quote:
and then auto fit them to the screen. Is this possible?
That's possible even today: Just right-click the Windows taskbar and click "Tile Windows Horizontally".
Old Apr 6, 06, 12:57 am   #791
KVS

Exclamation Fares Missing For Certain Carriers: An Update

UA fares are back:
No UA fares on travelocity

However, AC fares are still missing:
AC Fares
Old Apr 6, 06, 10:43 pm   #792
KVS

Lightbulb

Please note that I will be unable to to issue any registrations during the period between 7-12 April 2006
Old Apr 8, 06, 7:04 am   #793

For a future improvement: Is there any chance to draw star alliance award availability (+MH, VS, QR) from ANA's website?

I know, you have to log-in with your ANA number, but maybe one could put the personal ANA number/PIN into KVS before the first access?

It would be of great help for planning star alliance awards on other airlines, as ANA provides a strong indicator for award availability.
jarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 06, 10:56 am   #794

Programs: KLM, AF, BA
Smile code for KVS

thank you for sending the code for KVS
nat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 06, 11:01 am   #795

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat,Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, National EE,Hertz PC
Hi KVS,

I'm having a problem in Apollo: ITN/CWT pulling up UA availability. When I select the carrier as UA, it returns the availabiliy set with all carriers.

Thanks
pagotto is offline   Reply With Quote