Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Guy packs a months clothes in hand luggage!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2015, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

just had to share this clip where a guy teaches you how to pack a months clothes into hand luggage! Hope it is allowed to post links!

IT consultant-turned-travel blogger, Tom Ayzenberg, sure knows a thing or two when it comes to packing lightly.

In this viral video, which has been viewed over eight million times, the Birmingham, Michigan native, demonstrates a bundled wrapping method of packing - otherwise known as 'clown car style'.

'I'm going to pack all this stuff into this bag,' he says at the beginning of the video, displaying a month's worth of jeans, shorts, and t-shirts alongside a small backpack-like carry-on bag.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...-clothing.html
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:36 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
I have tried to do something similar to that and failed so many times, might try this and see if I can succeed
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:30 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
His method is a hybrid of the traditional bundle wrapping method. I'm an avid bundle wrapper and have found it to be the best way to pack clothes from a space and wrinkle resistant standpoint.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: Independent
Looks like it is mostly T-shirts and underwear. The things that get me are sweaters and polos.

How much do you think his pack weighs?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
It's a variation on a theme.
Long-running thread on this exact topic http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...rag-rules.html
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:29 am

There's no difference between packing for a week and packing for a month. You're going to do laundry anyways so once you're over a week it's all the same.

I once lived for 6 months out of my carry-on and it was the easiest living I've done.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 3:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Stunning. Over the top, but clever. Even without trying to completely replicate what that man does, there are still some smart tricks in there (I reckon three pairs of socks per shoe, in my case).
Old Mar 30, 2015, 5:09 pm

Where are the toiletries? The electronics and chargers etc?

And what about shopping? Surely in a month worth of traveling you will be bound to pick up a few things along the way? If it is already packed full in the beginning you have no room left for shopping stuff!

Also I do not recommend putting fresh socks in used stinky shoes!

Socks are compressible and can be squeezed in various nooks and crevices.

Instead I recommend putting hard stuff such as chargers, cables and deodorant etc inside the shoes. This also helps preserve the shape of the shoe when under pressure.

Me if traveling for longer then a week always bring with me a large wheeled hard case bag to check in. This allows me to pack enough stuff so that I do not need to do any washing on location and I have room for some shopping. And given my "luggage fetish" I actually enjoy waiting for my luggage at the luggage carousel.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 3:16 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Originally Posted by SkyForce6
Where are the toiletries? The electronics and chargers etc?
Agreed with the rest of what you wrote. For the above, most airlines allow a second, smaller bit of hand luggage. For a holiday (for me), this would be a camera bag with room for an Olympus Pen, couple of lenses, tablet, phone, charger, cables and so on. For business, I'll have a laptop bag with me. The demonstration is extreme - I'd be happy with an extra couple of changes of clothes on top what I already pack, if going hand luggage only (besides, there's no way my hard, Samsonite case would take that much ).
Old Apr 5, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: National Executive, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond
That is the PERFECT instructional video. Most of them spend 25 minutes explaining everything. The Benny Hill music just makes it even better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.