Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

How to find best deal on business/first class airfares?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to find best deal on business/first class airfares?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2016, 1:59 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Please follow this thread as it moves to the Travel Tools forum for further discussion. Thanks. /JY1024, TravelBuzz
Old Feb 23, 2016, 2:37 pm

Thank you for getting this to the correct spot!
Old Feb 24, 2016, 3:32 am

Looks dodgy as to me. Farming for email addresses. Give it a miss.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 9:08 am

Which sites look dodgy? All of them? I have had referrals to Cook Travel. I have a quote from flyinfinite and when I asked them questions about how they book the flights, they responded as follows: This particular ticket is taken in through delta itself so you would be receiving miles and it would be exactly like purchasing it off the Delta website just at a discount price. We use a consolidator that can get a significantly lower fares for certain Airlines and Delta is one of them.

I have seen read the responses on I think "cheapoair", but have not found anything reliable on flyinfinite.

Are there any questions that I should be asking about the ticket that might indicate that it is a safe purchase?

Thanks, Beth
Old Feb 24, 2016, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
If you look around you can find a lot of these sites. They operate by paying miles for the flights. This is against the T&C of the airline and they might just cancel your ticket and then you have no recourse. ( https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic...ir_Travel.html confirms they are doing this. )
Old Feb 24, 2016, 4:59 pm
Suspended

If it seems too good to be true...
Old Feb 24, 2016, 5:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by chx1975
If you look around you can find a lot of these sites. They operate by paying miles for the flights. This is against the T&C of the airline and they might just cancel your ticket and then you have no recourse. ( https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic...ir_Travel.html confirms they are doing this. )
Interesting. Was not aware that this is what they did. I thought they were consolidator fares (like what tour groups get for economy tickets).

If that's true, then how does Delta award miles for the flight?

Originally Posted by B_FinZ_Up
This particular ticket is taken in through delta itself so you would be receiving miles and it would be exactly like purchasing it off the Delta website just at a discount price. We use a consolidator that can get a significantly lower fares for certain Airlines and Delta is one of them.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 5:54 pm

Are there trustworthy consolidator sites to consider?
Old Feb 24, 2016, 8:01 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Are there trustworthy consolidator sites to consider?
Read this article:
Consolidator tickets: The good, the bad, the ugly

<snip>

And, adds Albert Thomas, owner and manager of International Travel Systems, whose business is based on consolidator tickets for first- and business-class fliers, "make sure they accept credit cards and are a full merchant and not running those cards through someone else."

If you don't want to deal with a consolidator directly, go through a travel agent. Many have long-standing relationships with consolidators, [Blake] Fleetwood [,president of CookTravel.net,] said, and know who is on the up and up. You won't save as much, but you won't lose any sleep either.

But if you do go with a consolidator, Thomas, who deals with travel agents and with consumers, will help you if something happens. "If you've overslept, the easiest thing is to call us," he said. "We're here certainly 18 hours a day, six days a week. If it's a Sunday and you cannot get ahold of us, definitely call the airline and cancel the flight" before you're labeled as a no-show and lose the value of your ticket.

<snip>
Old Feb 25, 2016, 11:21 am

Help: Looking for business ticket from Japan to USA

Hello everyone,

My wife and I are looking for cheap business class tickets from Japan to the USA or really good premium class seats. However, it would be great to find some business tickets because the flight is very long. <redacted by moderator> Any ideal where I can buy two business tickets.

Also, has anyone heard of ," i fly first class (Iflyfirstclass)"?

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by TWA884; Feb 25, 2016 at 3:33 pm Reason: Inappropriate request for this forum.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
We discussed http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...irstclass.html in 2012 already. In short: perhaps not a scam but there's nothing you couldn't get from a reputable site.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 8:33 am

JTB has good deals on business class flights to Japan (even first sometimes)
Old Feb 28, 2016, 5:11 pm

Momondo.com
Old Mar 2, 2016, 11:32 pm

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
Up to 10% airfare discount

Hesitant about sharing, but feel free to PM.

My [Top 3] industry travel agency (American Express, CWT, BCD, AAA) offers a ~10% discount on any airfare, any airline, any time (literally). Still earn full mileage and the receipt displays the published fare.

There are caveats though. The discount is ticketed through a different agency and the method of payment has to be made by check, wire, EFT, PayPal.

I'm a known client, so I have the option to pay 3% for the agency to process the payment, but only do that on business tickets costing ~$X,000+. They usually won't deal with me on tickets under $1,000.

And referrals don't have a credit card option until they've established history.

I've had good luck though.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 11:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Which sites look dodgy? All of them? I have had referrals to Cook Travel. I have a quote from flyinfinite and when I asked them questions about how they book the flights, they responded as follows: This particular ticket is taken in through delta itself so you would be receiving miles and it would be exactly like purchasing it off the Delta website just at a discount price. We use a consolidator that can get a significantly lower fares for certain Airlines and Delta is one of them.

I have seen read the responses on I think "cheapoair", but have not found anything reliable on flyinfinite.

Are there any questions that I should be asking about the ticket that might indicate that it is a safe purchase?

Thanks, Beth
Check DL's rules on consolidator and bulk fares. It's generally not true that they're just like any other DL fare in terms of earning FF miles, etd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.