Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Sign in using an external account

Old Sep 30, 14, 8:14 pm   #1

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Delta Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Accor Plat
Is TripIt (Pro) having technical problems?

Hey I've been using TripIt Pro for years without issue, but today it didn't update after forwarding several confirmation emails for airline, hotel, and opentable restaurant reservations. Anyone know if their system is down or something?
bhrubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 14, 6:41 pm   #2

Programs: AA PLAT; Marriott Gold: Hilton Gold
After double booking myself and messing up a return/depart time I looked in to my TripIt app and it appears to not be updating to my Google calender. The app is fine but for me Google integration is having a problem.
Old Oct 19, 14, 11:50 pm   #3

Programs: QF Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_E View Post
After double booking myself and messing up a return/depart time I looked in to my TripIt app and it appears to not be updating to my Google calender. The app is fine but for me Google integration is having a problem.
I'm having the same issue with integration.
Baghoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 1:27 am   #4

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM, IC Amb, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
I haven't had any problems with TripIt processing email updates that I fed it a few days ago (knock on wood).

With respect to the calendar integration, back in August, I received the following message from TripIt:

Quote:
Update Required for Your New TripIt Calendar Sync

We're in the process of updating TripIt's calendar sync. In order to continue accessing your travel plans in your calendar, we need you to take some quick steps to transition to our new calendar feed....

Please note: The old calendar feed will be disconnected on Wednesday, September 10, 2014. Please update your calendar feed soon to avoid any disruption.
The email refers to the following instructions for updating the calendar feed: https://tripit.zendesk.com/entries/94887

After I added a new calendar to Google containing the new URL, my TripIt events showed up in my Google calendar as usual.
Old Yesterday, 12:13 pm   #5

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Delta Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Accor Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_E View Post
I had issues with the system updating as noted in my previous post, and since that time the Google calendar integration seems to be faulty and not updating. I've emailed...to no avail as of yet.
Old Today, 1:39 pm   #6

Programs: Virgin Atlantic, BA Executive Club, IHG Rewards
Ever since the feed change message (which I complied with) I have Outlook 2014 calendar refresh problems! I subscribe to the feed, it shows all my travel items but never updates, nothing after setup day.

I tried refreshing the feed several times and also deleted the calendar subscription and started again but no joy. It works fine on my iPad and iPhone Calendars though. So I have given up for now and just looking at the app.

Very annoying on something that has worked flawlessly since I started using in two years ago...

Last edited by Matrick; Today at 1:40 pm. Reason: Typo
Matrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 1:46 pm   #7

Just heard back from TripIt support about the Google calendar integration issues. I deleted the old URL subscription and have reentered the new URL so we'll see if that fixes the problem.

I agree that TripIt has handled this poorly...from a perfectly easily executed calendar to a mess, with poor customer support handling.
Old Today, 3:00 pm   #8

Just resolved my TripIt Pro calendar integration with Google calendar. I added the appropriate URL as instructed but without the "www." as their instructions included for that URL...and it works now like a charm. Perhaps others might try that trick.

I've notified TripIt customer support so they might change their instructions.

Hope that helps others!