FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   Award booking services - a list and some reviews (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/1296363-award-booking-services-list-some-reviews.html)

RTW1 Dec 6, 2014 3:35 am

Originally Posted by Journey4Happy (Post 23913038)
XXX-LGA/JFK-VCP (stopover) GRU-LIM-CUZ (destination) CUZ-LIM-DFW-XXX

That's a fairly ...... route in my view, unless you like transfers....

The BNA Gentleman Jan 17, 2015 1:23 pm

http://www.awardtravelconsulting.com/ My personal favourite based on requests to all services. YMMV.

Isn't taking any new requests, just fyi.

HMPS Jan 17, 2015 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy (Post 24185182)
http://www.awardtravelconsulting.com/ My personal favourite based on requests to all services. YMMV.

Isn't taking any new requests, just fyi.

says cannot take new requests now, redirects to another URL, price PPmgoes up by $ 50. !

kineticosocal Jan 21, 2015 5:52 pm

I reached out to 3 different award companies for a first/business June trip to Venice then from Barcelona back home. One company was no help and offered no flights. The second offered a weird itenerary with too many stops, way too long layovers at all stops and $2750 in fees and was pissed I didn't accept his offer. I did have a great experience with the third. Pointspros.com they found a great itenerary with 1 stop. Well worth the $300 fee.

b8b Jan 21, 2015 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by kineticosocal (Post 24210545)
The second offered a weird itenerary with too many stops, way too long layovers at all stops and $2750 in fees and was pissed I didn't accept his offer.

Could you tell us who the second one was?

kineticosocal Jan 21, 2015 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by b8b (Post 24210814)
Could you tell us who the second one was?

I hate to trash companies, I think it's in bad taste. Since you don't pay until you agree with trip no harm was done. it was one on the list at beginning of thread.

suzyerdely Jan 22, 2015 12:16 am

Excellent experience [with AwardMagic]

I am not sure if this is the perfect place to share an excellent experience. Over the past few years I accummulated enough miles for 2 business class tickets to Hong Kong through Alaska. Getting the miles is easy but finding the tickets is not, particularly for Cathay that doesn't have an option on their website to check for award tickets. So I searched for an award booking website and came across AwardMagic. They were very responsive and easy to work with. Despite the fact that I didn't have a lot of flexibility, they were able to find the tickets I wanted for the dates I wanted them. Ellen kept me informed and consulted with me when needed. The experience was flawless, I highly recommend them.

guv1976 Jan 22, 2015 12:22 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"Getting the miles is easy but finding the tickets is not, particularly for Cathay that doesn't have an option on their website to check for award tickets."

You can easily search for CX award seats at ba.com, if you have a (free) British Airways Executive Club account. ;)

Welcome to FT.

reverted Jan 22, 2015 12:37 am

Welcome to FT. Glad you were able to book your award tix on CX when you wanted them. Very lucky ^^

aBroadAbroad Jan 22, 2015 12:53 am

Welcome to FlyerTalk… since award booking services are covered in the Travel a Tools forum, your post has been moved here for further discussion.

Thanks!

Moderator, Information Desk

Caribwest Jan 22, 2015 11:18 am

Bookyouraward

I've been trying to get information from bookyouraward about an RTW award booking and after two emails to them, I have had no response. This is now 10 days running and wondering if they are even in business any longer?

kineticosocal Jan 22, 2015 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Caribwest (Post 24214779)
I've been trying to get information from bookyouraward about an RTW award booking and after two emails to them, I have had no response. This is now 10 days running and wondering if they are even in business any longer?

email Alex from pointspros.com he is an honest, efficient and extremely competent miles expert! I also had slow service from two other companies, however I received an excellent itinerary that met all my expectations in 24 hrs!

Larrude Jan 22, 2015 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Caribwest (Post 24214779)

I had the same experience - no response to request for info. Ended up booking it myself and got exactly what I wanted.

suzyerdely Jan 22, 2015 12:35 pm

I apologize but being new, I could not find the "Travel a Tools" forum. Where is it, how do I get to it. Thanks.

P.S. Is there a way to get an Email notification when someone posts a reply to the thread?

TWA884 Jan 22, 2015 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by suzyerdely (Post 24215210)
I apologize but being new, I could not find the "Travel a Tools" forum. Where is it, how do I get to it. Thanks.

P.S. Is there a way to get an Email notification when someone posts a reply to the thread?

Welcome to FlyerTalk.

The Travel Tools forum is located in the Travel&Dining section of the main FlyerTalk Forums index right below the airline and other mileage and loyalty programs listings.

You can subscribe to any thread via the Thread Tools dropdown menu near the top of the thread page toward the right.

To check for new posts, just go to MyFlyerTalk via the link on the left side of the menu bar of any FlyerTalk Forums page or the top right of any FlyerTalk page.

The same MyFlyerTalk page contains Your Control Panel on the left side. Scroll down to Edit Options under the Settings & Options heading. You will find your email subscriptions options (type and frequency) in the middle of the next page.

I hope this helps.