FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   Award booking services - a list and some reviews (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/1296363-award-booking-services-list-some-reviews.html)

pkerr Jan 7, 2024 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by goblue2557 (Post 35885208)
Hi, I’m in the early stages of planning my RTW honeymoon trip and would like to procure services from someone or an agency that can not only help with the RTW flight booking but also optimizing the hotel award redemptions, etc.

Further, a nice to have would be help setting a point building strategy for this trip and in general as I own a business and have lots of spend to use for point building.

None of the services I’ve seen to date offer the hotel award support, just the flight support. Thanks for any guidance or referrals.

From my point of view, hotel redemptions are pretty straight forward. Determine where you are going and find out what chain hotels are in the area. Or if they don't meet your expectations, use your Chase points to book non-chain / boutique hotels.

goblue2557 Jan 11, 2024 8:35 am

Originally Posted by pkerr (Post 35886645)
From my point of view, hotel redemptions are pretty straight forward. Determine where you are going and find out what chain hotels are in the area. Or if they don't meet your expectations, use your Chase points to book non-chain / boutique hotels.

Perhaps, however some hotels only release space at certain intervals, etc. and there is the capability to setup alerts for when space get's released - I'd want someone to manage that for me.

pkerr Jan 11, 2024 9:43 am

Originally Posted by goblue2557 (Post 35899015)
Perhaps, however some hotels only release space at certain intervals, etc. and there is the capability to setup alerts for when space get's released - I'd want someone to manage that for me.

If that is true, releasing space at intervals, it would be the first I've heard about it. Can you point me to a thread where this is discussed?

goblue2557 Jan 15, 2024 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by pkerr (Post 35899294)
If that is true, releasing space at intervals, it would be the first I've heard about it. Can you point me to a thread where this is discussed?

forgive me, I was loose with my language. Regardless of release timeframe, I’d like to pay someone to setup alerts / keep an eye on whether desired room types open up if they’re not immediately available for my desired dates.

MountainRider Jan 25, 2024 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by goblue2557 (Post 35899015)

Hi - I might be able to help here. I've been considering testing the waters finding flight and hotel awards as a service. I spend a good chunk of my days doing this for personal travel and for family / friends already. Send me a PM if you're interested in chatting (others reading this should feel free too)

foxfox1 Mar 19, 2024 10:16 pm

I'm interested in paying someone to teach me basic research strategies. I'm willing to pay. Please message me.

frozennorth Mar 19, 2024 11:10 pm

Useful Tool For Point Awards Seat Avaliability?

Hopefully this is the right forum for questions about travel tools.

Does anyone have any opinions on the best paid service for tracking award avaliability for airlines? I'm looking for the full feature paid service, not a free version. I have wasted $100 on far more useless things than a tool to help find Business Class tickets.

Does anyone have a preference for a service to find award tickets?

I saw point.me in the list at the top but not seats.aero. I have played with the free version of seats.aero, and am probably leaning towards that if I cant find something better.

I would prefer a service that would let me input the transferable points that I have (Chase, Capital One, Amex, etc) as well as the mileage plan (AS, AA, etc) to find avaliable point redemptions.

Anyone using these paid services have an opinion about which is better? My main point redemptions would be from Chase, Capital One, and AS is that matters.

Thanks!

TWA884 Mar 20, 2024 10:02 am

Moderator's Note

Originally Posted by frozennorth (Post 36094120)
Useful Tool For Point Awards Seat Avaliability?

This thread is about award booking services, not tools

Please refer to the sticky thread and the its wikipost for a list of available tools.TWA884
Moderator, Travel Tools