Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adobe Messenger Bag

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2007, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Adobe Messenger Bag

Has anyone here tried the Adobe Messenger Bag? Looks great, but I'm concerned that it's a bit of a hassle to extract a laptop from it while transiting security, among other things.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 12:28 pm

I'm a "creative professional" and I think it looks huge and fugly. The order link didn't work for me. I was trying to find out how much it costs because if it wasn't free, I wouldn't want to pay to carry around Adobe's logo.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

It's $250. Not sure why it matters whose logo you carry around, cuz it's gonna be someone's . . .
Old Apr 23, 2007, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
It looks absurdly overdesigned to me, and it doesn't do anything my <$100 Lands' End attache won't do. Also, I can't imagine anyone stopping in the rain to deploy that stupid "rain hood."

As a protective sleeve for my Dell laptop right now I'm using a freebie slim-design "brief bag" that Book-of-the-Month Club sent me. Fits like a glove, shoves easily inside the Lands' End bag, and cost $0.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 1:40 pm

Programs: FB, EB, Delta, AC, PC, HH.
Originally Posted by PorkRind
It's $250. Not sure why it matters whose logo you carry around, cuz it's gonna be someone's . . .
I want one of these. I've only seen it's big borther in real life and it is HUGE! Built for a 17" laptop with stacks of room.

The one I want is for a 15.4" MBP and I'm thinking that with Domke inserts I'd be able to use it as a combined laptop/camera bag. Something I really really do need.

/E
Old Apr 23, 2007, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Emma65
I want one of these. I've only seen it's big borther in real life and it is HUGE! Built for a 17" laptop with stacks of room.

The one I want is for a 15.4" MBP and I'm thinking that with Domke inserts I'd be able to use it as a combined laptop/camera bag. Something I really really do need.

/E
Hmm, a little too 20-something "skate rat" for me . . . as much as I'd like to be a 20-something skate rat

At my stage in life, a subdued leather bag/briefcase/satchel is more in line with the image I'm expected to project
Old Apr 23, 2007, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
The rain hood looks like an interesting idea.

Ive been known to borrow a blanket off the plane when I knew I would be walking through a parking lot in the rain.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 7:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Im a big fan of SF Bags (aka Waterfield Designs). They are fantastic. Plus, they dont make software that hangs everytime I start it while it is checking for updates and gawd knows what in the background - thus making me despise them.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 12:59 am

Programs: FB, EB, Delta, AC, PC, HH.
Originally Posted by PorkRind
Hmm, a little too 20-something "skate rat" for me . . . as much as I'd like to be a 20-something skate rat

At my stage in life, a subdued leather bag/briefcase/satchel is more in line with the image I'm expected to project
Yes, I know what you mean. I think they are less "skate-rat" than crumpler though. I want the black Pakuma Choroka K2 and think it would suit me just fine. I have the Tumi lookalike Kirkland from Costco already. I have a Carlton, a Crumpler McBeans and a rollaboard. What I need is one shoulder bag that looks small enough to fool chek in agent to think it isn't weighing a ton while I carry on my laptop and my DSLR on board without having to take the DSLR apart.

/E
Old Apr 24, 2007, 1:43 am

sorry.. but ick..... i'll keep my tumi laptop bag... not a fan there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.