FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Technology (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-technology-169/)
-   -   Adobe Messenger Bag (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-technology/685531-adobe-messenger-bag.html)

Dodge DeBoulet Apr 23, 2007 4:46 am

Adobe Messenger Bag

Has anyone here tried the Adobe Messenger Bag? Looks great, but I'm concerned that it's a bit of a hassle to extract a laptop from it while transiting security, among other things.

Tummy Apr 23, 2007 12:28 pm

I'm a "creative professional" and I think it looks huge and fugly. The order link didn't work for me. I was trying to find out how much it costs because if it wasn't free, I wouldn't want to pay to carry around Adobe's logo.

Dodge DeBoulet Apr 23, 2007 1:29 pm

It's $250. Not sure why it matters whose logo you carry around, cuz it's gonna be someone's . . . :p :D

BearX220 Apr 23, 2007 1:36 pm

It looks absurdly overdesigned to me, and it doesn't do anything my <$100 Lands' End attache won't do. Also, I can't imagine anyone stopping in the rain to deploy that stupid "rain hood."

As a protective sleeve for my Dell laptop right now I'm using a freebie slim-design "brief bag" that Book-of-the-Month Club sent me. Fits like a glove, shoves easily inside the Lands' End bag, and cost $0.

Emma65 Apr 23, 2007 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by PorkRind (Post 7627645)
It's $250. Not sure why it matters whose logo you carry around, cuz it's gonna be someone's . . . :p :D

I want one of these. I've only seen it's big borther in real life and it is HUGE! Built for a 17" laptop with stacks of room.

The one I want is for a 15.4" MBP and I'm thinking that with Domke inserts I'd be able to use it as a combined laptop/camera bag. Something I really really do need.

/E

Dodge DeBoulet Apr 23, 2007 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Emma65 (Post 7627715)
I want one of these. I've only seen it's big borther in real life and it is HUGE! Built for a 17" laptop with stacks of room.

The one I want is for a 15.4" MBP and I'm thinking that with Domke inserts I'd be able to use it as a combined laptop/camera bag. Something I really really do need.

/E

Hmm, a little too 20-something "skate rat" for me . . . as much as I'd like to be a 20-something skate rat :D

At my stage in life, a subdued leather bag/briefcase/satchel is more in line with the image I'm expected to project ;)

N965VJ Apr 23, 2007 4:37 pm

The rain hood looks like an interesting idea.

I’ve been known to “borrow” a blanket off the plane when I knew I would be walking through a parking lot in the rain.

GadgetFreak Apr 23, 2007 7:32 pm

Im a big fan of SF Bags (aka Waterfield Designs). They are fantastic. Plus, they dont make software that hangs everytime I start it while it is checking for updates and gawd knows what in the background - thus making me despise them.

Emma65 Apr 24, 2007 12:59 am

Originally Posted by PorkRind (Post 7628800)
Hmm, a little too 20-something "skate rat" for me . . . as much as I'd like to be a 20-something skate rat :D

At my stage in life, a subdued leather bag/briefcase/satchel is more in line with the image I'm expected to project ;)

Yes, I know what you mean. I think they are less "skate-rat" than crumpler though. I want the black Pakuma Choroka K2 and think it would suit me just fine. I have the Tumi lookalike Kirkland from Costco already. I have a Carlton, a Crumpler McBeans and a rollaboard. What I need is one shoulder bag that looks small enough to fool chek in agent to think it isn't weighing a ton while I carry on my laptop and my DSLR on board without having to take the DSLR apart.

/E

newportgambler Apr 24, 2007 1:43 am

sorry.. but ick..... i'll keep my tumi laptop bag... not a fan there