Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Verizon FIOS TV

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2007, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by mbreuer
Fiber is in the street up to the driveway. Coax up the driveway. FIOS runs fiber to (but not into) the house, COAX within the house. No difference from a customer perspective. Either way, enough bandwidth for 8+ concurrent HDTV feeds (including at least 4 on-demand), 30/5 internet, 2 VOIP lines.

Internet bottlenecks would be at the ISP-Internet connection either way.
Actually, FIOS service runs fiber into the house to an Optical Network Terminal (ONT). From there, COAX to the set top boxes utilizing MoCa and to the wireless router. Cat5e can be ran from the ONT to the router also if requested.

30 down would be nice, however i didn't think it was worth the extra cost.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 4:47 am

Programs: US Gold, Marriott Platinum
Verizon ran the FIOS lines into our development a few months ago, and were doing the big push with door-to-door sales yesterday. Sounds like we're getting TV in our area in couple pf months, so I'm going to move to internet (already have Verizon phone) shortly. They'll run the lines up to the house and do the FIOS install for free right now, and then I can add TV when it comes in soon. I've been looking forward to this for a long time - we had Comcast's triple package, but the phone was terrible (sounded robotic, or dropped out), and the digital cable just would lock up on us... after numerous service calls, we dropped both of them. I'll be glad to get rid of internet service from Comcast, and sever the umbilical cord!
Old Jul 24, 2007, 7:44 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by sdsvtdriver
Actually, FIOS service runs fiber into the house to an Optical Network Terminal (ONT). From there, COAX to the set top boxes utilizing MoCa and to the wireless router. Cat5e can be ran from the ONT to the router also if requested.

30 down would be nice, however i didn't think it was worth the extra cost.
30 down was worth the extra $9.95/mo - also includes no blocked ports, TOS which includes running servers, web hosting (their site), own domain + DNS hosting, etc. Don't think FIOS does that. Just saw they've started selling static IP's for business accounts... need to find out of they'll do that for a personal account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.