Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Samsung Galaxy S7

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2016, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
And the white version isn't available in the US... I'll just wait for the next big thing.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Not giving up my Galaxy S5 (and its swappable battery) until they demonstrate a much improved battery life on the S7 compared to the S6.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 12:47 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I'm hoping my new employer will let me stick with my own phone until the S7 release and not try to saddle me with an iPhone of some sort. Otherwise I'll probably either stick with my Xperia M4 or come out of pocket for an Alcatel Idol 4 or Nexus 5X. My main concern is TouchWiz and if switching to Google Now Launcher and other Google Apps will be enough to minimize it (dialer/contacts and notification area would be my primary concern). I'd really like to give Samsung Pay a try and decrease my wallet footprint.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
I'd really like to give Samsung Pay a try and decrease my wallet footprint.
I'm really liking samsung pay. Works pretty much everywhere and most of my cards are compatible. I carry two physical credit cards and a couple more virtual cards not in my wallet.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
I'm really liking samsung pay. Works pretty much everywhere and most of my cards are compatible. I carry two physical credit cards and a couple more virtual cards not in my wallet.
Does it work at gas pumps? Mechanized ATMs?
Old Feb 28, 2016, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I've never tried, but I doubt it would work there. It barely works on the readers that are built-in to POS monitors (about a 15% success rate). I'm going to see if it works on Redbox machines.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gobluetwo
You're pretty lucky. None of my debit cards are, and the credit card I use the most isn't either. Apple Pay had a slow start, but it seems to be gaining steam as time passes. We haven't had anyone ask about Android or Samsung pay at the course. My CC reader isn't any place that is easy for the customer to access, and honestly, I don't want them behind the counter to use it anyway.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Couldn't wait to upgrade any longer...placed my pre-order for a GS7E last week. The whole non-removable battery debate is not an issue for me as I haven't had such a phone in years. The return of the SD slot did it for me. Still wish they could find a way to put stereo speakers on the front of their devices, but I can live without them. Hopefully my phone ships soon.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 12:39 am

I am torn between buying a Galaxy s7 here in Jakarta and buying a Nexus 6p in America in a couple weeks.

Reasons for s7:
Even better camera with OIS
WATERPROOF!!! (My Nexus 5 died in a watery grave)
Dual SIM (my LTE and voice are on different SIM cards; long story)
4 GB vs. 3
Snapdragon 820 (actually Exynos for local market, but specs show that it may be even faster than the 820!)

Reasons for Nexus 6p:
64 GB version is about $100 cheaper than s7 32 GB version (S7 costs equivalent to $675 unlocked here)
Larger screen
I prefer Pure Android over Touchwiz

All this, or... I could wait a few weeks longer and get a Mi5 Pro instead. Decisions, decisions!!!
Old Mar 1, 2016, 1:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by greenery-travel
I am torn between buying a Galaxy s7 here in Jakarta and buying a Nexus 6p in America in a couple weeks.

Reasons for s7:
Even better camera with OIS
The question is how much better is the camera in relation to the S6 though? Is it just a typical annual improvement or is it monumentally better?
Old Mar 1, 2016, 2:47 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by TMM1982
The question is how much better is the camera in relation to the S6 though? Is it just a typical annual improvement or is it monumentally better?
The camera on the S6 is very good anyway. Certainly the best camera I've had on a phone so far.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 2:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
The camera on the S6 is very good anyway. Certainly the best camera I've had on a phone so far.
agreed
Old Mar 1, 2016, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chris19992
IP rating and the expandable storage are both welcome returns but I'm holding off on a new phone until I see what the Z6 is like.
Sony killed the Z series phones.

http://www.engadget.com/2016/02/24/sony-no-xperia-z6/
Old Mar 1, 2016, 6:55 am

Programs: Global Entry, TSA PreCheck, UA Premier, Marriott Titanium Elite
I hope the S7 comes with Dual Sim here in the US. I'm tired of carrying 2 phones and this would be a great solution. I currently have an S6 as one of my phones.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by MtlTourist
I hope the S7 comes with Dual Sim here in the US. I'm tired of carrying 2 phones and this would be a great solution. I currently have an S6 as one of my phones.
which carriers though?

for CDMA-ones, likely won't happen

for GSM, sure?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.