Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Watch Movies Inflight w/ Samsung Galaxy Tab3

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2015, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Watch Movies Inflight w/ Samsung Galaxy Tab3

I know I can watch Netflix and other similar website when I'm connected online, but is there such way to rent/buy movies (short term) and have them on your tablets then be able to watch them during my flight?

How are people watching movies offline during flight? Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to Flyertalk. There are several ways to do what you want. Probably the easiest are to rent movies from your friendly local content store. The iTunes store on an iOS device, for example, lets you rent content and play it offline. I'm sure Android has something similar.

If you have a media server at home, Plex will let you save media to your iOS device to watch offline as well.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 1:45 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
You can rent movies from the Google Play Store, and then hit the little red pushpin in the bottom corner and the content will downloaded to your device, and then once on the plane you can start your rental.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 6:22 pm

iTunes also sells movie that are downloaded, assume it's cross platform. ^
Old Jan 22, 2015, 7:49 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dtsm
iTunes also sells movie that are downloaded, assume it's cross platform. ^
I don't think its possible to watch movies rented on iTunes on an Android Device. The reverse is true however, you can rent movies from Google Play and watch them on your iOS device, however you can not purchase them from Google Play from iOS.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 7:59 pm

I got PlayLater after I read this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...ent-later.html

It is awesome. I can record Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime videos and play them on my devices.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 12:27 am

Google an app called Showbox for Android or Moviebox for iOS. You can download the movies to watch later.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Not the greatest selection, but if your public library has Hoopla as a service, those can be viewed for 72 hours after download.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Google Play has a movie rental option, as does Amazon. Samsung has their Milk Video option via the play store as well. Those are your paid options, for short term use. Amazon frequently has $5 specials where you own the movie. (This is all dependant on you being in the U.S.) If you're flying on Delta, you should be able to use the GoGo player to stream (paid) content on board.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 7:07 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
If you have a media server at home, Plex will let you save media to your iOS device to watch offline as well.
+1, I use this often. My favorite Plex feature, but you have to have a subscription to do sync offline (I have the lifetime).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.