Community
Wiki Posts
Search

iOS 8 Continuity as a Roaming Tool

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
I too tend to like smaller phones, but alas, that isn't the trend. I posted on another thread that I want to be able to do everything over Bluetooth by voice and listening. A really small device would be ideal for me. I can put my iPad mini in my hip pocket when I need it.
I agree with you. I like small phones too. I gave my last big phone to my daughter. I like the small iphone because I can always carry a tablet if I want that. The phones, even the phablet size, aren't big enough, and they are too big to be really convenient.

I like the iOS imessage app and what it does...it is so helpful that when I get texts from non-iphone users I miss them appearing on my devices...
Old Jan 15, 2016, 11:51 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Chase Sapphire, A3 Gold, Alaska Air, UA, Virgin Atlantic, SPG, Hyatt
I'm about to do some overseas travel and wondering if anyone has experience using Continuity with a Verizon or other US provider and receiving/sending SMS messages via iMessage using their phone number. I'd like to be reachable via my U.S. mobile number, but would also like to put a foreign SIM in my iPhone.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by surfguy7
I'm about to do some overseas travel and wondering if anyone has experience using Continuity with a Verizon or other US provider and receiving/sending SMS messages via iMessage using their phone number. I'd like to be reachable via my U.S. mobile number, but would also like to put a foreign SIM in my iPhone.
The Verizon Messages+ app on iOS works in my phone when I have a T-Mobile US Sim in my phone. Should be able to turn on "wifi" calling using that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.