Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Suggestions for an electronic notebook - tablet/phablet software combo?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2014, 5:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member

I alternate between using a Livescribe 3 and an iPad/iPad Mini with the Notes Plus app for handwritten note taking. I have very recently been using the Livescribe in my office or with a small pocket notebook when out of the office, and the iPad with a stylus and the Notesplus app the rest of the time out of the office. I attend a significant number of presentations where I want to take notes. I then need to transfer them somewhere where my assistant and I can both get at them. We use Evernote primarily for this now. I have coded symbols I include in the notes indicating things like, "add this to my task list", "add this to your task list" and so forth. That part works well, once I get the notes to Evernote. The only limitation is that I can't have say a single notebook for a project and add to it over time and store it somewhere that I can access it from multiple devices and update the notes for that project.

Anyone else out there doing a lot of electronic notetaking have a suggestion on hardware/software set ups to do this. Also, are there good notetaking systems smaller than an iPad Mini for taking hand written notes? Thanks for any suggestions.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 12:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
I alternate between using a Livescribe 3 and an iPad/iPad Mini with the Notes Plus app for handwritten note taking. I have very recently been using the Livescribe in my office or with a small pocket notebook when out of the office, and the iPad with a stylus and the Notesplus app the rest of the time out of the office. I attend a significant number of presentations where I want to take notes. I then need to transfer them somewhere where my assistant and I can both get at them. We use Evernote primarily for this now. I have coded symbols I include in the notes indicating things like, "add this to my task list", "add this to your task list" and so forth. That part works well, once I get the notes to Evernote. The only limitation is that I can't have say a single notebook for a project and add to it over time and store it somewhere that I can access it from multiple devices and update the notes for that project.

Anyone else out there doing a lot of electronic notetaking have a suggestion on hardware/software set ups to do this. Also, are there good notetaking systems smaller than an iPad Mini for taking hand written notes? Thanks for any suggestions.
Nothing?
Old Mar 16, 2014, 2:12 am

I'd recommend a Samsung Galaxy Note tablet with LectureNotes from the Google Play Store.

I use a Note 10.1 2014 edition now, but will likely upgrade to the Note Pro 12.2 soon. Depending on your preference, you can get a Note Phablet at 5.7 inches (too small imo), or Note tablets in 8.0, 10.1 or 12.2 inches, depending on your preferences. LectureNotes is an excellent app with a very active developer.

I've also see recommendations for a Windows 8 tablet with pen input and OneNote, but that's not for me, even if the new Microsoft Surface Pro 2 looks vaguely interesting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.