Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Partially Unlocked iPhones and Roaming SIMs

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2012, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Partially Unlocked iPhones and Roaming SIMs

Verizon and Sprint will partially unlock and iPhone so that it will work with roaming SIMs. They will not work with US SIMs. My question is what do they do with the dual IMSI SIMs ala eKit, Pirahna, Maxroam, AirBaltic (USA dream), etc. Take Air Baltic for example, it has great rates in Mexico but is clearly using a US IMSI.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Dubai Stu
Verizon and Sprint will partially unlock and iPhone so that it will work with roaming SIMs. They will not work with US SIMs. My question is what do they do with the dual IMSI SIMs ala eKit, Pirahna, Maxroam, AirBaltic (USA dream), etc. Take Air Baltic for example, it has great rates in Mexico but is clearly using a US IMSI.
The way how Verizon or Sprint detects it being in the USA is not from the IMSI, it's basically the network. So if it roams on a Mexican network, it will connect fine.

I have a tripple IMSI CelloMobile.com SIM card and it worked fine in Mexico in my Verizon Iphone 4S.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 6:12 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold and Virgin America for a few months
Verizon and Sprint will partially unlock and iPhone so that it will work with roaming SIMs.........
Just a note , I believe before they will unlock it they check records and make sure its paid for , or if its yours that the payments are up to date ,

So buying a Verizon or Sprint iPhone off eBay can be risky.

Soarer
Old Aug 22, 2012, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Wasn't planning on it. I was planning on loaning one of my SIMs to a coworker when they take their iPhone 4S out of the country on business. The phone is a contract phone good standing.

Last edited by Dubai Stu; Aug 25, 2012 at 12:05 pm Reason: I really should've proofed the original version better. But: This Siri transcription was a disaster.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Wasn't planning on it. I was planning on lo mein one of my sins to a coworker when they take their iPhone 4S out of the lesson business. The phone is a contract phone good standing.
I have Verizon iPhone 4S which they unlocked. Unfortunately, I don't understand this message at all. May I ask you to explain it, please?
Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

See my corrected version above, together with the explanation in the edit notes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.