Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Multiple BRAVOs at MIA This AM!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2011, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.5.0.138 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Maybe they were celebrating the new budget?

First was when I was in line at the D checkpoint. All of a sudden, the smurfs all engage in a cult-like chant (the only way to describe it.). The stop everything in the checkpoint. I thought about hitting the deck and playing along, but I decided to snap a few cell phone pictures instead.

Self-selected opt out was easy and I began the long trek to the gate.

I grabbed a coffee and bagel and looked back towards the D-25 checkpoint and saw another BRAVO in the corridor right behind the checkpoint. A cop on a Segway was allowed to proceed. She stops near me and a clerk wearing a spiffy pink TSA golf shirt comes over to the cop. She asks him what's going on. The clerk says that it's an exercise. I butt in and say, "It's one of those silly BRAVO exercises we joke about on Flyertalk.com." He gives me a cold stare and the cop just shakes her head. I expected retaliation, but he walked away for the BRAVO hotwash with a gaggle of other golf-shirted clerks.
I will post about the self-opt out technique after I get back home and will update TSAStatus.net.

Last edited by FliesWay2Much; Apr 9, 2011 at 8:52 am
Old Apr 9, 2011, 10:05 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
So if the TSO's all start yelling "bravo", what would happen if pax started applauding and yelling "encore, encore"? ;-)
Old Apr 9, 2011, 10:21 am

Programs: DL GM, UA 1P, AA fallen Gold, Marriott Gold, Priority Pass, Hertz #1 Gold
Just remember your favorite shoutout: Bravo Clear!
Old Apr 9, 2011, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by goalie
So if the TSO's all start yelling "bravo", what would happen if pax started applauding and yelling "encore, encore"? ;-)
Blogdad Bob would point to it as an "Overwhelming positive response to TSA security exercises" in a new puppy post.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium

If I ever encounter a checkpoint that is doing a BRAVO exercise, I have no intention of playing along. I will continue to collect my belongings and walk to my gate.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by wb9tio
Wouldnt that be seen as interfering with the screening process?

It would be funny though
Old Apr 9, 2011, 4:51 pm

Programs: WN A-list, TSA-D Silver
Originally Posted by oldjonesy

It would be funny though
Actually that would be removing an interference to the screening process.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by wb9tio
I guess my mind is in the wrong place at the moment... My first thought as a response to a shout out of "Bravo" was to complete the thought and shout out:

"Sierra"

But, some times I just have those type of days....
Old Apr 9, 2011, 7:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mientree
I guess my mind is in the wrong place at the moment... My first thought as a response to a shout out of "Bravo" was to complete the thought and shout out:

"Sierra"
How about replying to "CODE BRAVO!" with "CHARLIE FOXTROT?"
Old Apr 9, 2011, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by oldjonesy

It would be funny though
What screening process? If they stop screening and stand there forming a line, then they are not screening...
Old Apr 15, 2011, 9:27 am

Programs: DL-PM, Small Luxury Hotels & Proud Member of TSA Disparager-Gold
I can't recall where I was earlier this month, but witnessed a similar smurf kumbaya moment. Their antics and mutual admiration was sickening and laughable at the same time...I thought I was watching a Saturday Night Live parody.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 9:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FetePerfection
I thought I was watching a Saturday Night Live parody.
Not possible. Saturday Night Live is occasionally amusing (nowhere near what they were during the Chase/Belushi/Akroyd/etc days, but they do have their moments.)

What the TSA does is useless drama, trying to keep people afraid of the boogeyman so none of the blue-shirted sloths have to try to find another job.

Witness the simple fact that the TSA has not only hired people with records, but has *re-hired* them after uncovering their background.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats

Or confuse them by yelling, "Code Bravo, code bravo."

Last edited by MikeMpls; Apr 15, 2011 at 10:38 am
Old Apr 15, 2011, 5:47 pm

So their mommies never taught them what happens when you cry "wolf" too many times? How long before nobody stops to stare anymore?

Cali
Old Apr 15, 2011, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by CaliC
So their mommies never taught them what happens when you cry "wolf" too many times? How long before nobody stops to stare anymore?

Cali
I would say that based on some of the comments I've seen on the Facebook and the YouTube regarding the hands-in-the-pants-of-a-6-y-o incident that people will gladly play a game of Simon Says for "security".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.