Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Wrist Check. Which watch are you wearing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wrist Check. Which watch are you wearing?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2016, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Wrist watches-- multiple. For years, my spouses' go to gift for me for any/all occasions was robe & pj's and/or a watch. So I now have about 25 + watches of which currently 12-15 are working. I do wear them daily, and coordinate colors/styles with whatever I am wearing. I find looking down at a watch to be much easier then digging into my purse for my cell phone to just check the time.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by MAN Pax
None. Nada. Nothing. Not for over 15 years. Very liberating.
I agree it is very liberating.....I've found I rarely actually need to know the time (far less than I had though) and I definitely felt less-burdened when I stopped wearing a watch. I need to measure time at work, so that's the only place I wear one. Yes, it is more difficult to check the time on my phone and that's the point -- I only do it when it's really important.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott/Hyatt/IHG DL/B6/WN/AA
Pebble Time. For better or worse, I am the type of person who wants to have immediate access to phone notifications, weather info, schedule, etc and the Pebble does that sort of thing fantastically well. It's a pretty good looking device as well - might not fly in a formal business situation but in my relatively informal area of work, it's great.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
An indestructible 70 dollar Casio G-Shock with dual time zone, and an Invicta "looks expensive from far" 100 dollar watch for dressy occasions.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 6:16 pm

Programs: QF
A Seiko Conceptual series I got more than 10 years ago. I don't wear fancy watches when travelling.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by JClishe
I wear a Shinola Runwell when I'm dressed for customer meetings at work. I also recently got a Huawei Android Wear watch.
I also wear a Shinola Runwell. Love that watch and the story behind it.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by brentley
I bought one of those and used it for 2 weeks. I ended up taking it back since I didn't think it had a killer app for me.

Is there a killer app that overlooked?
I'm intrigued by the boarding pass on your wrist. I think that rather than using your phone and potentially dropping it or something else. A pass on your wrist is ideal.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 9:31 pm

Apple Watch Hermes Single Tour

Loving this watch - I got several bands for it and literally have not worn any of my nice watches since I got this. My previous go-to travel watch was my Rolex 50th anniversary Submariner. I don't even know where I last saw it!
Old Feb 28, 2016, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Apple Watch or my Tutima
Old Feb 29, 2016, 2:47 am

Programs: *G
depends where im going and for what purpose

but if im going for more than a few days, to a new timezone, for work, i use the Sinn 6000 Frankfurt which has triple timezone feature.

lets me keep track of local, home-office, and head-quarter time simultaneously
Old Feb 29, 2016, 6:08 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Only wear Casio Atomic Solar G Shock Watch, due to the local and home time feature, when traveling. Otherwise, smartphone clock will do.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 6:29 am

Left hand: Certina DS Podium. 10 years old, daily usage. Swapped the leather band twice, and the batteries 3 or 4 times. Shows its age, but still works perfectly. A good "day usage" watch which was 650$ when bought new and neither looks too shabby nor too fancy for pretty much any usage.

Right hand: XiaoMi Band. 15$
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
When travelling a $15 eBay Automatic on a $10 eBay leather band that looks WAY nicer than the price would indicate (but may seize at any time if I spill coffee on it, sneeze on it, or look at it funny). It's one of my best looking watches and probably the most frequently complimented and I also won't cry too hard if I leave it on a hotel night stand, in a TSA dogfood bowl, etc.

At home I have a mix of Seiko SKX009 and SNA411, a hand full of Invicta Pro Divers, a few fashion quartz watches I've received as gifts and put on reasonable bracelets/bands, and an LG G Watch I use almost exclusively for race-day running (I too haven't found a killer app but have been trying to justify a Moto 360 or Watch Urbane).
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:31 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Citizens World Time A-T with Eco Drive. Great watch, no batteries needed and syncs with the Atomic Clock to update to the correct time zone I'm traveling to.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Sacfitz
Citizens World Time A-T with Eco Drive. Great watch, no batteries needed and syncs with the Atomic Clock to update to the correct time zone I'm traveling to.
I've had my eye on this one for awhile... how quickly does the time update, and does it do so in-flight or just when you land?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.