Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Friendly Watch Cases

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2015, 1:46 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Travel Friendly Watch Cases

I am a big watch fan and lover. I have a nice collection of watches and I just love to wear a different watch according to the outfit I am wearing.
Now the thing is I am going to travel and stay there for a month and want to carry maximum of my watches with me. My watches are delicate and hence want to carry them very carefully.
I came to know that there are travel friendly watch cases available in the market and got a good site for it as well.
But I found that travel friendly watch cases are since made for travel, comparatively small. I want to carry maximum of watches. This site has big watch cases too, rather many types of watch cases.
Which watch case I should buy out of those so that it would be travel friendly as well as can fit more watches?? Please help.

Last edited by DinaP; Oct 7, 2015 at 10:38 pm
Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:13 am

The good doctor carries his pieces in the large/small Oakley watch vaults, and I use those for my larger-faced watches. I can fit two or three of my not-enormous ladies' watches in Aspinal's tidy-all.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 9:04 pm

Even tough watch cases can be fancy, in reality they are just a waste of space and weight. I am a G-Shock collector that owns maybe a 100 of them and travel with around 9-10 watches on a 2-3 weeks trip. The best way to pack them is to wrap them individually in zip lock bags for scratch and dust protection and then just place them in a toiletry/sundry bag such as this one:

Amazon Amazon
Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:09 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold & PPS Club, Skywards Gold, SPG Platinum
I use a watch roll, because it does not take up lots of space like a hard case would, and even less if you don't fill it.

This is the one I bought: https://www.etsy.com/au/transaction/1039728707

You can find a bunch of other designs on etsy too, and Hodinkee has a range if price is no object: http://shop.hodinkee.com/collections/travel-rolls
Old Oct 8, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
I agree with SkyForce6 on placing each watch in a small ziplock (snack size is perfect) inside a padded pouch. I use ebags padded pouches on most trips, the middle size is great for jewelry and watches. http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/p...-pc-set/105241
Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, WN CP, National EE, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Gold
Wait, you don't travel like this?
Old Oct 16, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: AA-GLD
Originally Posted by edcaya
The good doctor carries his pieces in the large/small Oakley watch vaults, and I use those for my larger-faced watches. I can fit two or three of my not-enormous ladies' watches in Aspinal's tidy-all.
I second the Oakley watch vaults, I love mine and they are becoming rather difficult to find. 46mm is about their limit for zipping comfortably.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: *G
i owuld also buy a roll. cases are too volume consuming, and obviously youd never want to check them in either.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: Emirates, Miles & More
There are many cool watch pouches.

see this article
http://revo-online.com/watch-cases-p...ch-collectors/

Let us know what you decide on.
M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.