Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Safety issues of travelling with a 6 year old

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Safety issues of travelling with a 6 year old

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Girls and boys of FT, thanks a lot for your comments. I have a fair idea now and will pass this thread to SO.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: Mr Swise: AAdvantage LifetimePlt/3MM, HH Dmnd, SPG Plt
I've taken my 6-year-old into the ladies' room with me all over the world. nbd.

Family restrooms are preferred, but if none are around, we go in together. He doesn't care, nobody else does.

And he doesn't peek in stalls. I think that was a one-off case and not something typical. At least it certainly isn't in our household.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:55 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by swise
I've taken my 6-year-old into the ladies' room with me all over the world. nbd.

Family restrooms are preferred, but if none are around, we go in together. He doesn't care, nobody else does.

And he doesn't peek in stalls. I think that was a one-off case and not something typical. At least it certainly isn't in our household.
I think it's more the exception than the norm for kids at airports to try to sneak a peak into the stalls. At that age of 6 years, most kids understand that people expect some degree of privacy when some bodily functions are involved.

It's the 2 years-old children who seem way more curious about what goes on behind curtains and closed doors than the 6-years old.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: United Plus
I fly through Frankfurt and this won't be a problem.

I realized that when my son was 6, I also had a 4 and 2 year old so we all went into the handicapped lavs together.

Most of the German airport restrooms are quite small so it's pretty easy to bring the boy in with her. They seem to prefer having multiple micro restrooms throughout the airport than those big multistall ones in U.S.

Here's a trick I did with a stroller when no handicapped lav was available. I would take it to the end of the line of stalls (when there was a wall there) and shove the stroller into the very end stall, leaving the door open. Trust me, no one used the facing stall since they clearly saw what I was doing. I was sure that the next over stalls were clear for others to use. I was out of their direct view.

I still had decent privacy and I could keep an eye on my kids.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.