Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Should airlines offer an inflight App for kids as another source of entertainment?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should airlines offer an inflight App for kids as another source of entertainment?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2015, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Does anyone think this would be a good idea for kids to be able to download an app to their device offering all sorts of different forms of entertainment specifically relating to flying? Lots of airlines have a great source of cartoons and films but I'm thinking this app could be much more interactive to enhance our children's experience of flying and travel. Keep the kids happy and the parents?!!
Old Oct 10, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
I don't see any use for it. There are already thousands of appropriate apps for kids, as well as other things such as videos. No need for something purely flight related.

Is this some kind of survey for an app you are developing?
Old Oct 10, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
No. The last thing I need is another app.

If they want to provide the inflight entertainment via tablet or something like that, that's a different story.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:27 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
I wasn't flying with my daughter when I went to Japan last week but I was really impressed with the kids selection of movies, tv and games on Qatar. I don't see why you'd need an app for it on top of that
Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:30 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace
I don't see any use for it. There are already thousands of appropriate apps for kids, as well as other things such as videos. No need for something purely flight related.
This. ^

If they wanted to provide iPads or something similar pre-loaded with age-appropriate stuff then that's different - not everybody can afford the luxury of an iPad for their kids, and I can see that this would be something potentially more interesting.

QF and VA deliver their IFE over passengers' iPads etc here on those planes that have the Q-streaming installed, so that could also work. But an airline-designed kids' app? Not sure I see the punt when there are heaps of apps out there.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:23 pm

Programs: Mr Swise: AAdvantage LifetimePlt/3MM, HH Dmnd, SPG Plt
No need. As others have said, we have scores of apps on our devices that our kids love to use. We restrict their access, so it's a special treat, and when they actually get to play, they will do it for hours. ^
Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
I'd be in favor of getting rid of all games played on seat back screens. Who likes having the back of their seat tapped incessantly...?
Old Nov 23, 2015, 1:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
I'd be in favor of getting rid of all games played on seat back screens. Who likes having the back of their seat tapped incessantly...?
Agreed. I bit the $$$ bullet and bought two iPad minis for my daughters, complete with kid size headphones. Between that, sleep, and the IFE, long hauls pretty easy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.