Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Recommended age to fly in First-class Suites (Ex: Etihad)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recommended age to fly in First-class Suites (Ex: Etihad)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2015, 11:03 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by onlysuites
This is what I have always done when I flew EY F. The centre seats are close enough for one of you to keep an eye on the toddler during take off and landing. It does mean you can't sit together but the window seats are quite far away once the seat belt signs are on you won't be able to stretch out to the toddler.

Also once you are in the air what we have always done is make one of the seats into a bed and let him play on the bed. There is more then enough space for you and a toddler on the bed.

You (and other posters) seem to be missing a key part of the question: the (most recent) OP is considering A380 F---i.e., the apartments. The first part of your response is quoting a poster who (like you, I presume) has flown 777/A340 F, which does indeed have side-by-side suites. The latter part of your response is to the A380 question, which, IMHO, is an entirely different scenario.

I strongly suggest one views the following before providing a recommendation to the (recent) OP:

http://www.etihad.com/en-us/experien...rst-apartment/

(Since they've only been flying for a week, I trust none of us have first-hand experience.)

Last edited by Erasmus; Jan 11, 2015 at 11:09 am
Old Jan 11, 2015, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Erasmus
You (and other posters) seem to be missing a key part of the question: the (most recent) OP is considering A380 F---i.e., the apartments. I strongly suggest one views the following before providing a recommendation to the OP:

http://www.etihad.com/en-us/experien...rst-apartment/

(Since they've only been flying for a week, I trust none of us have first-hand experience.)
The first OP is flying IAD-AUH which is a A346 or a 789 though? That doesn't have Apartment.

If it is the A380 apartment then I would avoid it as you won't even be able to see your kid but I would guess that its easier and cheaper to pay 10% and take the kid with you on your lap then get him a seat on his own.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 3:06 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
The first OP is flying IAD-AUH which is a A346 or a 789 though? That doesn't have Apartment.
Yes, IAD-AUH is supposed to go 789, although it keeps getting pushed back. Hope they take delivery before my flights in July.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:11 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
We're taking the A380 apartments next December and when I called EY for help picking apartments I was old that there are 3 different "sets" of apartments that have a retractable divider. So we were able to snag 2 of those sets so we can actually be a bit closer. My youngest will be over 2 then so needs his own seat anyway, but the agent I spoke with said it's comfortable for 3 kids to hang out in one of the sets with the divider down.

We flew EY F suites on the 777 a few months ago and it worked out pretty well even for my son who was only 18 months at the time. We got him his own suite and he slept sprawled out in it for a good portion of the flight, and it was a beautifully calm flight most of the time so that worked.

We connected in JFK to the AA 321 and I have to say that F product (1 seat on each side of the plane, tall divider) is probably the most challenging for little kids. Thankfully our little guy slept the entire flight curled up with my wife and my two older ones were pretty wiped out and content to watch movies for 6 hours.

If it is the A380 apartment then I would avoid it as you won't even be able to see your kid but I would guess that its easier and cheaper to pay 10% and take the kid with you on your lap then get him a seat on his own.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.