Reload this Page >

Bangkok Tailors

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 31, 2014, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DirtyDan
Moderator Note: this wiki contains a summary of the most frequent recommendations made in this thread, by active FlyerTalkers, based on personal experiences. Listed businesses are in no way endorsed or recommended by FlyerTalk. Advertising is prohibited, and FlyerTalk's commercial post rule is strictly enforced. All spam-like posts will be immediately removed.

At-a-Glance Guide to FlyerTalkers' Favorite Bangkok Tailor Shops

Introduction

Appointments are strongly recommended for all tailor shops. Reputable shops are busy, and may find it difficult if not impossible to accommodate walk-ins, especially if they are first-time customers.

Detailed information about prices, quality, turnaround, etc., can be found within the thread or on the tailors' websites. Please feel free to post questions in the thread if you'd like specific feedback from other FlyerTalkers.

Shops Most Frequently Discussed in the Thread

Key: women's tailoring services available
Key: authentic luxury-brand fabrics, specialized workmanship, and/or more expensive overall, turnaround may be longer
Key: offers Thai or Asian styles as well as traditional western styles

Raja's Fashions
Tel +66 2 253 8379 or +66 2 253 8389 (Raja and Bobby, proprietors - father and son)
Area: Sukhumvit/Nana

Tailor on Ten
Tel +66 84 877 1543 (Alex or Ben, proprietors)
Area: Sukhumvit/Asoke

Tramp (no website) ♀ ♢♢
Tel +66 2 630-6649 or +66 89 816-6143 (Mr Kyi, proprietor - pronounced Kee)
Area: River/Bangrak

Rajawongse Clothier
Tel +66 xxx (Jesse or Victor, proprietors - father and son)

Universal Tailors ♀ ♢
Tel +66 816112313 (Mr RONNIE, proprietor)
Area: Silom Soi 18

Pinky Tailor ♀ ♢
Tel +66 xxx (Mr Pinky, proprietor)
Area: Ploenchit/Wireless

July Tailor ♢♢ ☺
Tel +66 xxx (Khun Sompop, proprietor)
Area: Silom/Saladaeng

Hermann Suits
Tel +66 xxx (xxx, proprietor)
Area: Sukhumvit/Asoke

Narin Couture ♀ ♢
Tel +66 xxx (Khun Narin, proprietor)

Cotton House (no website) ♀♀ ♢ ☺
Tel +66 xxx (xxx, proprietor) - specifically for women's clothing
Area: River/Bangkrak

New International Boutique House (aka Nick's) ♀
Tel +66 xxx (xxx, proprietor)

Tanika Tailor ♀ ♢ ☺
Tel +66 (0) 2 229 4416
Area: Sukhumvit & Silom

Other Shops Mentioned in this Thread

• Milan or Inter-Milan
  • Mr Song or A. Song Tailor
  • Tanika
  • Art's
  • Crown
  • Lucky Man Fashions
  • Max's
  • Moon River
  • Nickerman's
  • Alex Fashions
  • Euro Boutique
  • James Fashions
  • Majestic Tailors
  • Versace's
  • World Group
  • Embassy Tailor

Last edit (DD): Removed ♀ from ToT - confirmed with shop.

FlyerTalkers with at least 90 days of membership and a minimum of 90 posts are encouraged to update or add missing info to this wiki.
Print Wikipost

Bangkok Tailors

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2013, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by joorinainen
Im going to Bangkok in May and i was thinking that i should get few suites with good fabric and few different kind of shirt. Im thinking of going to Pinky's or Rajawongse - good idea?

What kind of prices you guys think are reasonable? Around 1000baht for shirt and 8000baht for whole suit? I have been on Bangkok before and i actually had some shirts made and a jacket but i can't remember how much i paid for them, probably too much because i have no idea how to judge what is good fabric etc. Any ideas?
If you really want something good you need at least 4 fittings and it will cost at least 35.000 baths. There is no miracle, if you want real wool and something perfect that is the price. It would be 140.000 baths inLondon(3.500 £) and if you want real cashmere it would jump to 250.000 baths .Do not dream to get a bespoke for less than that. A bespoke suit takes 90 hours to be made And it takes 6 to 9 people altogether. Tailor, cutter, sewer, etc...
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
I recently had a suit made in Bangkok. It was OK. However, the shirts that I picked out used the more expensive of the fabrics, and ended up costing 50 bucks each. You know, I know nothing about fabrics, but the 50 dollar shirts are about the nicest feeling shirts in my wardrobe.
Which tailor did you use, Sean?

Originally Posted by SeamasterLux
If someone were to offer you a Ferrari at the price of a Seat Leon, what would you think of the guy?
He knows how to hotwire high end cars.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Peppep
How much should I expect to pay for a suit + one shirt with average to good quality and fabrics in Bangkok? It'll be my first tailored suit, and I suppose my standards aren't incredibly high. It won't be used professionally, only for a few special occasions, Christmas etc.
10,000 and up for the suit, 1,000 and up for shirts.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:51 am

Programs: SPG Plat Lifetime, CX Diamond, LH SEN, TK Elite / *A Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by federalsoi11
If you really want something good you need at least 4 fittings and it will cost at least 35.000 baths. There is no miracle, if you want real wool and something perfect that is the price. It would be 140.000 baths inLondon(3.500 £) and if you want real cashmere it would jump to 250.000 baths .Do not dream to get a bespoke for less than that. A bespoke suit takes 90 hours to be made And it takes 6 to 9 people altogether. Tailor, cutter, sewer, etc...
+1
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:57 am

Programs: SPG Plat Lifetime, CX Diamond, LH SEN, TK Elite / *A Gold
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by ricktoronto
10,000 and up for the suit, 1,000 and up for shirts.
can not agree in the least bit... for this money you can only get the cheapest materials and poor, hasty craftsmanship, if any

In this thread countless people are describing what you can expect for what money and what to look for or how to proceed - if it is advisable at all.

Astonishingly enough nobody wants to hear that. Everybody wants that 10-15k baht suit from brand wool fabric that he heard of... which in fact is not possible. No idea who ever told this would be possible...
Old Feb 20, 2013, 8:37 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Which tailor did you use, Sean?
Speaking of shirts, I spent THB 4500 on one of mine last December at ToT; I splurged on Thomas Mason Egyptian cotton. Hands-down the best, most comfortable shirt I own. I only wish I'd gotten a few more of the Thomas Mason shirting. Well, there will be other trips... Yes, that's pricey for a shirt, but there are plenty of off-the-rack shirts in the US which aren't as good and which cost that much, and aren't tailored.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 9:32 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
I need to have some slight alterations done to the trousers on some suits, just taking up the hem. Long story, but on my next trip, I will not be able to get in touch with my tailor. I'm willing to take the pants to a regular tailor shop if I can be assured of very skilled work. Any suggestions?
Old Mar 31, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA MM (like it matters!) All of my flying was personal travel, and COVID-19 stopped that.
I have been using Patrick's Fashionways on Sukhumvit Soi 11 for several years now, and have had consistently excellent results. One of their competitors once told me they're not the cheapest by any stretch, but they do outstanding work - and I agree with that assessment.

You can probably get off somewhat cheaper than I do. 1) I'm a big guy, so it takes more cloth. 2) They know me, they know I'll pay for the good stuff, and they won't even show me the low-cost fabrics.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 5:21 am

I will be stopping over at Bangkok next month. I am only looking at shirts (priority) and trousers, no jackets.

So far, this thread is geared towards suit tailors. How about tailors who do shirts well?

So far, I have only come up with Milan Suits (recommended constantly by only 2 FTers) and Tailor on Ten (which I won't use due to price).

Are there any recommendations for shirt tailors? I am looking at less than 1,500 baht each for many shirts. How bad is the fabric selection at Milan Suits anyway?

Any tailors that do excellent trousers?
Old Jun 15, 2013, 2:51 am

Programs: LH, AB & CX Gold, SIXT Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, etc.
Originally Posted by alloy13
So far, I have only come up with Milan Suits (recommended constantly by only 2 FTers) and Tailor on Ten (which I won't use due to price).
I cant tell you about Milan, but Tailor on Ten is worth the money. If you want it a little cheaper, but still excellent quality, I would give Pinky a try!
Old Jun 15, 2013, 8:16 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2mm, AA Platinum- 2mm, Starwood Lifetime Platinum (Ambassador)
Originally Posted by Rocket2511
I cant tell you about Milan, but Tailor on Ten is worth the money. If you want it a little cheaper, but still excellent quality, I would give Pinky a try!
I second the vote for tailor on ten. You end up getting what you pay for, and the offers that seem too good to be true, are 99% of the time.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Rocket2511
Thank you all for the recommendations!

Is there a good place to buy reasonably-priced fabrics for CMT? Possibly Thai silk as well?

In line with this, how much fabric is needed for a shirt and a pair of trousers?

I'm still looking for recommendations for trousers! Those that don't look like tents.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 9:32 pm

Guys,
Will be in BKK only 2.5 days (depart at 3:30pm on day 3). I have a great custom shirt with me to use as a pattern guide. That said, is it worth trying to get shirts made in this short 2 day amount if time? If so, where should I go? Don't want to risk a bad fit, etc if time is not realistic. Staying at PEN if that matters.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 7:13 am

Programs: AA MM (like it matters!) All of my flying was personal travel, and COVID-19 stopped that.
I guess I should have mentioned it.

Patrick's does my shirts and trousers as well. You can go as basic or as fancy as you want, and the quality will still be outstanding.

The last time I was there, it became a major trouser and shirt buy. When I saw how the trousers looked, in one of the fabrics, I added a suit jacket to the order.

@jakemalloy, I can't advise trying to do it on a 2.5 day stay. That's really pushing it.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:53 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
My experience in 2010: I went to Milan tailor (called Inter-Milan Tailor), ordered 5 shirts and i've to say they provided a real good product; 2 fits needed to obtain the best results but they made everything in 3d with hotel delivery 2h before my departure. Good cotton quality. I've compared Milan with some others tailors in BKK but all have higher price and i can say that Milan made a real good job comparable to some EU tailors (not comparable to Italian tailors, but anyway a good result).
The only little problem is that all the shirts became a little bit thighter when washed, so take a note on this when discuss with the tailor in BKK!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.