Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Recommend Thai massage places in Bangkok (non-erotic)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recommend Thai massage places in Bangkok (non-erotic)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:09 pm

I'm also going to recommend Healthland. I frequent the one in Sathorn every time I stay at the W Bangkok. I went every day for a week and didn't have any issues with walk in every time.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 6:55 am
Hvr

Programs: QF LTG:
Soi 26 Sukhumvit opposite the DoubleTree hotel is a Thai massage school. Was there late May 17 and found them to be very good.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 8:45 pm

I would recommend Yonomori Onsen and Spa at the Rama IV end of Sukhumvit Soi 26. It's a Japanese style spa with traditional unisex bathing facilities and full spa/massage services. There are also Japanese cafes and a restaurant onsite. It's easy to spend a morning or afternoon enjoing this place...reservations necessary on weekends.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by OMGImInPattaya
I would recommend Yonomori Onsen and Spa at the Rama IV end of Sukhumvit Soi 26. It's a Japanese style spa with traditional unisex bathing facilities and full spa/massage services. There are also Japanese cafes and a restaurant onsite. It's easy to spend a morning or afternoon enjoing this place...reservations necessary on weekends.
I have also had several recommendations for this place ^
Old Jul 24, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA MM (like it matters!) All of my flying was personal travel, and COVID-19 stopped that.
I have been going to Tarntip Massage on Sukhumvit Soi 7/1 for several years now and have no problem at all recommending them.

They are legitimate Thai massage, located on a small street off Sukhumvit Road, said street being admittedly notorious for other things besides legitimate Thai massage.

They're on the left as you walk up the soi from Sukhumvit. Easiest landmark is the sign on the right for the notorious Eden Club: they're across the soi and a bit south of Eden Club.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by transpac
Cefle (Thai Relaxation Space +Cefle) have a Facebook page - many small Thai businesses take this route for a web presence - which seems to indicate that they may have been closed for renovations but have re-opened in or near the same location in Sukhumvit Soi 33.

I found this phone number: 02 662 3304

There are recent reviews (from last month) in Japanese.
Definitely not in the same location. The building was still being gutted to some extent when i walked by last week.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:58 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by eccentricfusion
I'm also going to recommend Healthland. I frequent the one in Sathorn every time I stay at the W Bangkok. I went every day for a week and didn't have any issues with walk in every time.
I'm a big fan of Health Land, and we always buy the book of 10 two hr Thai massages for 4600, CC price, regularly THB550 for 2 hrs, as they are the most consistent massage around. They do get a little crowded on weekends so reservations are recommended. We've used Sathorn, Asoke and lately Ekkamai (as it's close to our condo,) and they're all good. Oil massage of course is higher, THB600 per hr.

For a good foot massage, try the 2nd floor at Amarin Plaza, 1 hr for THB350. Also, great food on the 4th floor, especially the Pad Thai booth by the card sale booth and the duck and pork over on the other side of the escalators, Wattikorn I believe, near the new seating area.

English is spoken and understood at these places.

Careful selecting a massage place as most hire people with only the minimum 150 hr training license vs the 450 hr Thai Traditional Medical Massage training. There is a difference.

Last edited by rbAA; Jul 26, 2017 at 10:07 pm
Old Aug 5, 2017, 8:11 pm

I'm also a Healthland proponent. So much so, I've written a report on it here [Health Land Spa (Asoke) Bangkok Review]

It has a number of outlets, and generally the quality is decent in all of them.

I would warn you about queues at the weekend, and if you do decide to go at the weekend and in the afternoon, book!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 3:33 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by zarkov505
I have been going to Tarntip Massage on Sukhumvit Soi 7/1 for several years now and have no problem at all recommending them.
+1 on Tarntip Massage http://www.tarntipmassage-spa.com/home.html they are my go to when I don't feel like leaving the lower Suk area. My only minor gripe is they provide their Thai massage on a raised platform, where as I prefer the more traditional mat on the floor setup. As always YMMV.

And yes; they are a legit massage shop located on a very naughty soi...

SL
Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA MM (like it matters!) All of my flying was personal travel, and COVID-19 stopped that.
Originally Posted by SunLover
+1 on Tarntip Massage http://www.tarntipmassage-spa.com/home.html they are my go to when I don't feel like leaving the lower Suk area. My only minor gripe is they provide their Thai massage on a raised platform, where as I prefer the more traditional mat on the floor setup. As always YMMV.

SL
You might try asking them about this.

They have two floors (at least) for Thai massage. One floor has rooms, with two raised platforms (essentially small beds, very firm mattresses) per room. The other has essentially a slightly raised floor with mats. They also have at least one room with an in-room shower, for oil massage. (Absolutely legit.)

I am somewhat mobility impaired, and I find the beds easier to get in and out of, than getting up off the floor. I've done it both ways. YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.