Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Worst Inflight Service Ever Experienced

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2017, 5:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Well, the 777-200 J seat is better than the old 747-400 J seat I flew in the mid-90s! All a matter of perspective...
So that makes it OK in 2017? How, exactly?
Old Jan 21, 2017, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by MrOscarh
So that makes it OK in 2017? How, exactly?
I didn't say that it was OK in 2017, just that it is better than previous J seat versions that THAI have operated on the BKK-AKL route. Of course I'd prefer a 'proper' lie-flat in J for a 12 hour flight, as I am sure customers who fly long haul on the 747 do as well (MUC?).

I have an upcoming trip with BKK-AKL-BKK and the J cabin is nearly full in both directions - I conclude that the absence of aircraft type choice from THAI and occasionally good J fares means that they are selling well. Perhaps, the commercial imperative to upgrade the J seating on the 77-200ER is not a critical matter for THAI - more's the pity. I understand it is scheduled happen in the mid-term?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

No more Thai smile

Originally Posted by warakorn
You flew BKK-SIN - a shorthaul flight!
Is the food (and choices) so important to you to call it the worst inflight service?
Not only food is concern but hygiene is concerned ,agree ? Or you do not
mind ? If you are in the same position as me, then you will know
Why TG cannot give me a full reply after complaint ? They did acknowledge
my complaint and will follow up was the reply but already 1month had passed
Sorry I know you love TG without Thai smile nowadays
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:03 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
regarding hygenie your complaint and rant is justified

did you clearly describe the shortcomings of the Crew? remember that those handling the complaint are not excellent in English...
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BC Low
The tray the cabin attendant gave me was a recycle tray from the front which already finished eating because the tray was WET , no paper under neath, and the salad bowl had NO COVER which I think IATA should have looked into this matter seriously.
Did you not eat any food while you were in Thailand?
Old Feb 12, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: Krisflyer, BAEC, Accor,Starwood
Smile 77W is coming

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi

Certainly the 777-200 J seat is uncompetitive these days, but I find it tolerable for the 12 hours BKK-AKL (overnight 1840-1205+1) - although with TG there is no choice! I try and stay up for the first 4-5 hours (meal, movie etc) then tray and grab 4-5 hours kip in the middle of the flight and am usually tired enough to do so by then. As noted by BinSabai, the seat is fine for the daytime return flight AKL-BKK.

Naturally, I'd love to see it updated to a fully flat product. I wonder if the 77W has ever been subbed onto the BKK-AKL route - now that would be a nice surprise!

Nice surprise coming then!From 01 SEP 2017 BKK- AKL is upgraded to the 77W ( as per Routes Online 27/1/17)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.