Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TG 628 / 629 schedule revise anytime soon?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2016, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond / Star Alliance Gold
TG 628 / 629 schedule revise anytime soon?

I am currently debating between booking nonstop TG J or OZ J HKG-ICN in September. TG has always been cheaper than OZ also offer better mileage accrual (125% as opposed to 100% with Asiana Club).

But will TG ever revise the schedule for TG628/629 at all? The 1530 exHKG and 1030 exICN leave a lot to be desired for a leisure traveler like myself..

Also any chance of upgrading their J hard products on the A330... It is getting really dated...
Old Jul 22, 2016, 5:34 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
The schedule of this flight is the same for many years; I recall I flew both direction already over 10 years ago at the same time

I am not sure about what J product you are talking on the A330. If you would like to see full flat seats then I do not think this will happen any time soon; TG use the A330 mainly for short (like above flights) or mid range flights, not long haul.
So most of the A330 have now angle flat seats; if you are talking about the very old recliner seats, there are only 2 planes left with recliners and chances are very slim that you get those on this route
Old Jul 27, 2016, 2:44 am

Programs: UA*G, Hilton, Bonvoy, etc....
I fly the ICN-BKK-ICN route frequently, and I prefer the 629/628 via HKG above all other routings, even non-stop. For me, the times are absolutely perfect for leaving Korea (not too early) and arriving Suvarnabhumi (not too late). Of course, I have to take a bus/van/taxi at either end to my destinations.

Though dated, I like the seats, and I can't recall the last time I saw the J cabin on these flights anywhere near being full.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 4:43 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
oh no!
I prefer direct over flights with stopovers (the other from and to ICN is through TPE; one daily each); my favourite is the red eye for BKK ICN and the late evening flight ICN BKK (which is actually done with the plane on return from the 628)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.