Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Did TG remove codeshare with ThaiSmile on some domestic routes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Did TG remove codeshare with ThaiSmile on some domestic routes?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2016, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard
...so I finally went ahead and booked with Thai Smile because there was no published fare from CNX to UBP on TG. A bit stupid to have it in two separate records, but there is ample connecting time, so not a big issue.

That wasn't so hard to book on their site instead of the TG site.
Received the Travel Itinerary / Receipt promptly and I can also retrieve my reservation on the Thai Smile webpage. The itinerary is confirmed and the payment is approved.

Great. Almost.

I can't see my e-ticket number anywhere, so I assume that it's not issued and the booking was done more than two weeks ago.

...and now comes the reason why I'd be happy to have have booked via the Thai Website and not Thai Smile.
I can't find an e-mail address to contact Thai Smile anywhere. There is a contact form to fill out online, but that fails due to "invalid e-mail. Whatever I fill into that field.
The reservation code seems to be proprietary to Thai Smile, because I cannot retrieve the booking with checkmytrip or Thai webpage.

Question:
Is there any e-mail address to contact Thai Smile?
I'd like to avoid calling the helpdesk (Tel. 02-118-8888) from abroad.
I just booked for the Wife in early April, and likewise no e-ticket number. I scouted around MM, tried THAI, and CheckMyTrip.com, but no joy.

I've submitted a query under 'feedback', and will likely call tomorrow. I'll update any info.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi

I've submitted a query under 'feedback', and will likely call tomorrow. I'll update any info.

Thank you, Thai-Kiwi.

The feedback form kept on crashing, so I finally called them today. They said all was fine and all that was needed at checkin what the confirmed booking reference. Nothing else.

Let's see what they'll tell you. I still find it unusual to not have (or not send) an e-ticket.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 4:05 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Hi there,

I fly WE several times/year, print the email itinerary which I show at check in desk with my TG FF silver card.

I usually carry 50kgs of luggage from BKK to UTH and need to pay 20 kgs supplement (not flying TG into BKK) at the Thai ticketing desk. Can't buy extra kgs online yet, if they ever will, stupid, but stressing and TIT.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you, Thai-Kiwi.

The feedback form kept on crashing, so I finally called them today. They said all was fine and all that was needed at checkin what the confirmed booking reference. Nothing else.

Let's see what they'll tell you. I still find it unusual to not have (or not send) an e-ticket.
Email today from Thai Smile:

Dear Mr Thai-Kiwi,

Thank you for contacting Thai Smile Airways regarding booking reference XXXXXX. We apologize if you have not received a response earlier.

We would like to inform you that Thai Smile does not issue the e-ticket. Passenger only needs to present the confirmation e-mail or informing booking reference along with a valid passport at the check-in counter on scheduled departure date.

Should you require further information please do not hesitate to contact us.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Thanks a lot Thai-Kiwi. ^

I appreciate your help to clarify this.
It's probably the first time for me to fly without a real ticket or at least an e-ticket number.

So now I can do what I should have done and what is usually the best thing to do in Thailand: Relax!
Old Feb 17, 2016, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks a lot Thai-Kiwi. ^

I appreciate your help to clarify this.
It's probably the first time for me to fly without a real ticket or at least an e-ticket number.

So now I can do what I should have done and what is usually the best thing to do in Thailand: Relax!
^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.