Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OSL-AKL layover hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2015, 6:31 am
Original Poster

OSL- BKK - AKL layover hotel?

I am planning to book a one-way ticket to Auckland from Oslo and the cheapest I could find was with Thai Airways in SA in mid February.

Flight is from Oslo to Bangkok with a 12,25 hour layover, then from there directly to Auckland.

Does anyone know whether they will provide with free transfer hotel?

Last edited by sAmmm; Dec 19, 2015 at 8:12 am
Old Dec 19, 2015, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I suspect because your layover is 06:20-18:45 Bangkok time THAI won't provide a hotel as there is no 'overnight'. My experience with long connections where the carrier pays for a hotel room involved a 'night' at the intermediate point. But I have only a limited experience to base this on - others can likely give updated advice.

I believe the term is STPC (STop-over Paid by Carrier), the link here might be of some use - especially if you book online rather than using a travel agent: http://loyaltylobby.com/2011/12/29/m...te-connection/

Cheers, TK
Old Dec 19, 2015, 7:14 am
Original Poster

That is correct, it is the 06:20 to 18:45 layover.

And I'm not quite sure if I understood the STPC, it was written some got business class while others got hotels paid for them?

In that case, how would I go through with this? At the checkin or upon arrival?

Would it matter that I am a SA gold member as well?
Old Dec 19, 2015, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by sAmmm
That is correct, it is the 06:20 to 18:45 layover.

And I'm not quite sure if I understood the STPC, it was written some got business class while others got hotels paid for them?

In that case, how would I go through with this? At the checkin or upon arrival?

Would it matter that I am a SA gold member as well?
Being *G is not going to increase your likelihood of getting a paid hotel. It is not part of the benefits that goes with being Gold.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 4:10 pm

If you don't want to go to the city for some sightseeing then there are lots of relatively inexpensive hotels close to the airport, some with free shuttle service.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the answers! I will take this into consideration before booking a flight ticket
Old Dec 20, 2015, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I think you should discuss with a travel agent about whether this fare will get STPC Hotel or not. Or call your local THAI office and see if they can confirm if STPC is offered or not should you proceed to book online.

In my opinion, if you book online it will be very unlikely that you will get STPC hotel from THAI. In that case, enjoy a trip into Bangkok downtown.....
Old Dec 20, 2015, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Between the train or a 300 baht taxi you can go kill time at Paragon or Central or something.

If not I believe the Novotel let's you check in at anytime you want and you can walk there from the terminal.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 1:02 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Between the train or a 300 baht taxi you can go kill time at Paragon or Central or something.

If not I believe the Novotel let's you check in at anytime you want and you can walk there from the terminal.
Just beware, that if your ticket does not include TS (Thailand Passenger Service Charge) item under taxes and you clear immigration, you will then be required to pay that tax upon re-entering the airport. At this moment the tax is 700THB, but I believe it is supposed to go to 800THB from 9th February 2016.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.