Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best way to confirm equipment

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2015, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Best way to confirm equipment

I'm trying to figure out which TG flight from NRT to BKK I would like to redeem an award on and I'm having trouble confirming what equipment is being used for what flight.

On Thai Airways, it says one thing (some are A330-300, some are 777-300, some are A380), but when I search on Plane Finder, Flight Aware, Seat Guru, I get conflicting answers.

Long story short, I'm trying to pick the best J class experience for the NRT to BKK route.

I'm leaning towards the A380, but it leaves too late to make a connection to CNX that night. If we fly the A380, we'd need to connect the next morning.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 4:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by gilcresr
I'm trying to figure out which TG flight from NRT to BKK I would like to redeem an award on and I'm having trouble confirming what equipment is being used for what flight.
Not sure what your question is. The only guaranteed lie-flat on that route is the 380 which is used for the late afternoon departure, TG677. That's far and away the preferred flight in terms of hard-product. Either of the earlier flights is likely to be a 330 with angle-flats or possibly a 772/3 which can be either angle-flat or lie-flat.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
Not sure what your question is. The only guaranteed lie-flat on that route is the 380 which is used for the late afternoon departure, TG677. That's far and away the preferred flight in terms of hard-product. Either of the earlier flights is likely to be a 330 with angle-flats or possibly a 772/3 which can be either angle-flat or lie-flat.
Thanks, Kacee.

Sorry for not making my question clear.

Basically, I was reading the thread about seat configuration and trying to determine which planes have the best business class product on the NRT to BKK route. I know the A380 is going to be top notch and the best, but because of the time it takes off, that flight/option might not work for me.

So, I'm trying to figure out which business class cabin is the nicest between all the other non-A380's that TG flies on that route (777, A330-300, etc.).

If it changes anything, I'm traveling with a companion.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 1:13 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
BKK NRT for non A380, whether it is A330 or 772/773 or 747, biz class seats are all angled flat and pretty similar; I would not even bother which one
Old Nov 23, 2015, 2:58 pm

Programs: most of them
The thing with TG is that they swap a/c frequently. So even if you book thinking you know what you're going to get you may well end up with something totally different.

I guess they stopped the 787 service on TG640/642 and switched to A330s? From the timetable it looks like the early morning flight is now the codeshare operated by NH with a 772. Their regional C isn't any better. The timetable only shows 4 flights. The 8AM TG676 which is the A380, then the late evening departures at 22:30 and 23:55 both A330s and they list the 7:10AM TG6004 which is operated by NH.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
If available for reward redemption look for ANA 787 metal on the BKK-NRT route.
It is usually their staggered J product which is the most up-to-date configuration.

SL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.