Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schedule changes TG472 SYD to BKK

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2015, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Schedule changes TG472 SYD to BKK

Anyone else affected with the schedule change of TG472 from SYD to BKK? Flight now leaves SYD at 21:30 and arrives BKK at horrible 2:50 effective 29/03/2015. I'm traveling in F so would this mean there's no lounge access as SQ SK F Lounge in SYD closes at 19:00 after last SQ flight departure? I am connecting to AKL so moving to earlier TG476 is not an option.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 2:43 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
I have been looking ZQN-SIN on miles and UA comes up with TG. Considering the same flight via BKK. Had some TG flights booked this weekend with final SEL but schedule change drove me nuts and ended up NZ via PVG.

To give you worse news according to Star Alliance lounge Finder web site SQ lounge closes 1830. NZ lounge stays open until last flight which tonight happens to be delayed to AKL leaving 2115. You can bet on your night flights will be on time.

A no win situation with TG except the time is perfect for sleeping.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Bump. I ticketed TG472 later this year in F. For the lounge, nothing is available in SYD around 9PM?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 1:50 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by mediator
Bump. I ticketed TG472 later this year in F. For the lounge, nothing is available in SYD around 9PM?
NZ lounge will be open as they are a contracted lounge for HA that departs at about 9.30 pm.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by TPJ
NZ lounge will be open as they are a contracted lounge for HA that departs at about 9.30 pm.
but they don't have F lounge, right?
Old Nov 23, 2015, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BinSabai
but they don't have F lounge, right?
No - Air NZ Koru Lounge does not have F lounge though it is newly renovated and a huge improvement from the old one.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 8:57 am

It doesn't really matter they don't have F section in SYD Air NZ Koru lounge. It is still a pretty decent lounge and one can take a shower to freshen up, eat a little something before going to board. Although arrival in BKK around 3am is a little annoying. But on the bright side (if u stay in BKK for a stopover holiday) U have no traffic going to town and can hit the bed for a good sleep. A little problematic if u are transferring to onward flights. I was told by staffs at F lounge that they will set u up in the Royal silk lounge first. Come 5 am, u can move back to F lounge. TG won't abandon F passengers just like that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.