Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai Airways BKK lounge and Hainan Airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:11 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold

Will be flying Hainan Airlines in Y in a few days, and according to lounge buddy, I have access on departure in BKK to any of the Thai lounges?

Hainan's own site indicates Thai Airways as a lounge partner in BKK, but I can't seem to find any details on what the rules are for access.

I do have *A Gold. Anyone have experience with this?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by transparent
Will be flying Hainan Airlines in Y in a few days, and according to lounge buddy, I have access on departure in BKK to any of the Thai lounges?

Hainan's own site indicates Thai Airways as a lounge partner in BKK, but I can't seem to find any details on what the rules are for access.

HU is not in *A so your status is irrelevant.

If your info is correct then access to TG lounges is based upon having status with HU and/or flying in premium cabins.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum

if you do not have any status on Hainan Airline and if Hainan Airline does not offer lounge access for Y (I am not familiar with Hainan Airline but not many airline provide lounge access for Y), you will not have any lounge access. Your *A Gold gives you only lounge access if you depart on a *Alliance flight and Hainan is not part of the *Alliance
You would have to check on the Hainan Airline website what are there rules for lounge access and whether they grant for Y passengers, but so far for all Chinese airlines I flew (and that's quite a couple) nobody offered lounge access for Y
Old Aug 30, 2015, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Confirmed at BKK at the lounge that if you were eligible for access, Hainan would provide an invitation (for elites, J class). Loungebuddy team confirmed that it was a bug where the previous flight's class of service carried through.

Sorry all, nothing to see here, I just got excited for a minute
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:44 am

...and how was Hainan airlines?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:44 am

...and how is Hainan airline?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 4:08 am
Original Poster

While a few years ago I would have said Hainan was one of the better Chinese airlines, it seems service and quality has deteriorated.

It wasn't awful, just on par with with the other Chinese airlines. The flight was relatively empty (and business only had one passenger), so having an empty middle was nice.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:04 am

While a few years ago I would have said Hainan was one of the better Chinese airlines, it seems service and quality has deteriorated.

It wasn't awful, just on par with with the other Chinese airlines. The flight was relatively empty (and business only had one passenger), so having an empty middle was nice.
thanks!
so far I have never met a "better" Chinese airlines! they are all pretty crap IMO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.