Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Ok Folks, How afraid should I be to fly this airline?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ok Folks, How afraid should I be to fly this airline?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2014, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Well, reservation agents seem to confuse things, sometimes. Last week, I was moved out of the exit row on LX (Swiss), which I reseved as a SEN (their second highest status) because of "operational reasons" about 36h before departure. It turned out that they assined it to a gentlemen with a broken arm/shoulder on the way to his surgery ...

As cabin crew detected his unability to operate the hatch, they reseated him and I took the chance to get "my" seat back.

Bottom line, clearly a mistake by the booking agent, but corrected by cabin crew.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 3:02 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by swiss_global
Well, reservation agents seem to confuse things, sometimes. Last week, I was moved out of the exit row on LX (Swiss), which I reseved as a SEN (their second highest status) because of "operational reasons" about 36h before departure. It turned out that they assined it to a gentlemen with a broken arm/shoulder on the way to his surgery ...

As cabin crew detected his unability to operate the hatch, they reseated him and I took the chance to get "my" seat back.

Bottom line, clearly a mistake by the booking agent, but corrected by cabin crew.
amazing story! did you take some influence on the crew? was this in Y or J?
Old Nov 16, 2014, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by BinSabai
amazing story! did you take some influence on the crew? was this in Y or J?
it's not really amazing. it's required by law. the plane can't take off if the passengers seated in the exit row don't comply.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
it's not really amazing. it's required by law. the plane can't take off if the passengers seated in the exit row don't comply.
amazing is the switch forth and back! not the fact that a disabled person is removed from exit row
the rule is also differently enforced on different airlines
Old Nov 17, 2014, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

amazing is the switch forth and back! not the fact that a disabled person is removed from exit row
the rule is also differently enforced on different airlines
ah!

perhaps it would be helpful however to know which airlines allow disabled passengers to sit in exit rows... if for no other reason than to avoid them!
Old Nov 18, 2014, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
ah!

perhaps it would be helpful however to know which airlines allow disabled passengers to sit in exit rows... if for no other reason than to avoid them!
TG
Old Nov 18, 2014, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

TG
If you see it happening in future, ask the crew to move the affected passengers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.