Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai Airways Offers Flight Simulator Sessions for Frequent Flyer Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
I just wanted to give some feedback to those people who might be considering redeeming their points for the Thai Airways simulator ride.

I took part in the experience earlier today and can confirm that although it took several emails to even pin down the dates, the actual experience however, was incredible! I spent an hour in the cockpit of the A380 simulator at building five at Thai HQ.

You can choose exactly what you want to do.

I had free roam of the simulator for the entire hour. I got to fly three takeoffs and two landings.

I had a guest with me during the entire time and they were also able to take control. The only other person present was a technical operator who was able to set up different scenarios including bad weather, TCAS demonstrations, turbulence, along with nighttime and daytime arrival and departure scenarios.

I would have no hesitation in recommending you to try this experience. It seemed to me to be excellent value overall especially when other airlines are charging several hundred dollars.

I will post some pictures of the experience in due course.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:22 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
I will post some pictures of the experience in due course.
I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures. This is definitely on my todo list during my next stop in BKK.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 12:21 am

A little off topic but i noticed this place last month whilst walking around Gateway Ekamai.
Didn't look to be up and running but has a website if it is open could save your air miles for other goodies.

http://www.flightexperiencethailand.com/bangkok
Old Dec 20, 2015, 11:41 pm
spk

Programs: TG*G
Originally Posted by tg911
A little off topic but i noticed this place last month whilst walking around Gateway Ekamai.
Didn't look to be up and running but has a website if it is open could save your air miles for other goodies.

http://www.flightexperiencethailand.com/bangkok
It has been open for over 2 years now. The sim is in a building in Silom area. Very nice sim but it's not a motion sim.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 12:11 am
spk

Programs: TG*G
My son was there again last Friday on B777-300ER full motion simulator. It's the newest simulator.

Here's his video landing at VTBS with 20 kt cross wind.

Here's low visibility landing at VTBS

Sometimes the engineer will disable motion for kids or first-timer but for my son he enabled full motion. That's why sometimes the video is shaky. That's me trying to get hold of jump seat in case the landing is rough. You can really get thrown around and injured in this kind of simulator.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 12:27 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Pretty neat ^^
Old Feb 10, 2016, 6:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,

Here are some pics of my time in the sim. Was absolutely superb!
Attached Images      

Last edited by Johnny Rocket; Feb 10, 2016 at 6:48 pm
Old Aug 21, 2016, 11:15 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
How does the reservation process work? Do you have to transfer in the miles before making a reservation? Also, are most sessions on weekdays available or is it difficult to schedule a session....planning a trip in December to BKK and want to book other things but TG just told me they won't know the available times until November...and once you book, do they cancel on you a lot or do you generally get to go as scheduled?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:13 pm

I did this in April - the simulator schedule is only released at the beginning of each month so it took a few attempts to confirm a date. On the 1st of the month I called them and they verbally confirmed the date/time (weekday only) and told me to redeem the voucher on the ROP website. I did that and a couple of hours later got an email from the simulator office confirming the details and the aircraft type.

When I arrived at the TG building for the session they were expecting me, gave a tour of the facility and a full hour in the sim (a different one to the one originally advised). I had the 777-300ER with a simulator instructor and did several takeoffs/landings and could choose the airports. When I left there were pilots waiting to go in so I assume they have a fairly tight schedule. The instructors were very accommodating and it was a great experience.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:30 am

Seems it has expired. I found their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ThaiFlightS...ience/?fref=ts I then sent them a message and they said to call them. I did they said it was expired and no longer available for booking. I'm so bummed!
Old Aug 25, 2016, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA
Seems it has expired. I found their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ThaiFlightS...ience/?fref=ts I then sent them a message and they said to call them. I did they said it was expired and no longer available for booking. I'm so bummed!
But it's still here....http://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/rop...Simulator.page

And I called a few days ago and they didn't say anything to suggest that.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:57 pm

Programs: ROP
Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA
"Chom SIM Chime Pai" project is expired but the flight simulator experience is still available for mileage redeeming.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 2:08 pm

Do you need to transfer the miles to ROP before making a booking or can you wait until after making the booking just as long as its done before the scheduled appt?
Old Oct 4, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 1353513636
Do you need to transfer the miles to ROP before making a booking or can you wait until after making the booking just as long as its done before the scheduled appt?
Confirm availability with TG first, then transfer miles. You need the miles to be transferred at least a week or two before the appointment date. Since the calendar for simulator availability is only available ~1 month out, it's a tight schedule...
Old Nov 20, 2016, 2:54 am

Apparently you can't redeem miles anymore since May 31, 2016.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.