Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai 787

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:42 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by glennaa11
It was an A346 for a while now. I did not see it changed to anything else before this swap.
One of the reason why I decided to do BKK-KIX instead of BKK-NRT end July because BKK-NRT will only F (on A380) on morning flight. The 2 nights flights were using B777 (can't remember what variant) on 2 classes, hence no F availability.

Well that was in MAy/June when I made the booking, after that I never check again. so TG may have swapped the planes again.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: most of them
Originally Posted by tookay
I don't think so. Every time I have checked in to F or J lounges at BKK, they need to have my boarding pass and they scan it.
I complained to TG's local office and they told me "too bad" basically. When I asked about lounge access they told me that is under control of the airport staff, but suggested taking a print out of my original itinerary indicating F class to see if they might let me in. But I never bothered to print one out. It's a fairly short layover anyway.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by glennaa11
I complained to TG's local office and they told me "too bad" basically. When I asked about lounge access they told me that is under control of the airport staff, but suggested taking a print out of my original itinerary indicating F class to see if they might let me in. But I never bothered to print one out. It's a fairly short layover anyway.
I've called my local TG office in Singapore and was told 2 options:
Cancel the ticket and take my refund
OR
Suck it up in J (I paraphrased it)

When I asked about any other options available, was told that I had purchased F tix at a promotional price and therefore they have already gone beyond their responsibility to me as a passenger and since they had given me ample notice period, they don't need to offer anything else.

Told the lady that TG didn't send me any emails or call me regarding the downgrade and that I found out on my own and was told:
"Well now you know don't you?"

Exact quote.

seems like I'm not a worthy passenger as I had purchased a promotional F tix.

And yeah, was told F lounge access and massage at BKK is subject to TG ground staff managing the stations, even if I had already purchased F tix and had an involuntary downgrade to J.

Basically told to take it or foxtrot oscar.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by RCTP
I've called my local TG office in Singapore and was told 2 options:
Cancel the ticket and take my refund
OR
Suck it up in J (I paraphrased it)

When I asked about any other options available, was told that I had purchased F tix at a promotional price and therefore they have already gone beyond their responsibility to me as a passenger and since they had given me ample notice period, they don't need to offer anything else.

Told the lady that TG didn't send me any emails or call me regarding the downgrade and that I found out on my own and was told:

Exact quote.

seems like I'm not a worthy passenger as I had purchased a promotional F tix.

And yeah, was told F lounge access and massage at BKK is subject to TG ground staff managing the stations, even if I had already purchased F tix and had an involuntary downgrade to J.

Can't they move you to morning flight?
Old Sep 6, 2014, 11:36 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
at least they indicate flexibility regarding that! other airlines don't!
Old Sep 8, 2014, 10:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Why should they offer anything else? It's not exactly a crime against humanity to downgauge a flight. Nor is TG the only airline that does this. CX downgauged me from F on HKG-ICN when they switched from the 744 to the 340. I didn't take it personally - I just took the refund and made an alternative booking.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver

Exact quote.

Did you ask to speak to a supervisor? That's ridiculous.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by DVX
Saw this in another thread, but thought I would post it here.

http://airlineroute.net/2014/08/25/tg-w14update2/

Per airlineroute, Thai's 787 routes for winter will be the following:

Bangkok – Perth TG483/484
eff 26OCT14 Bangkok – Hanoi TG564/565
eff 26OCT14 Bangkok – Kuala Lumpur TG417/418
eff 26OCT14 Bangkok – Tokyo Narita TG640/641, TG642/643
eff 01DEC14 Bangkok – Nagoya TG646/647 (5 weekly in Dec 2014)
Latest update....Perth loses 787 service on/after 26OCT14. TG will operate 787 to Fukuoka instead.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 7:06 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by jimyvr
Latest update....Perth loses 787 service on/after 26OCT14. TG will operate 787 to Fukuoka instead.
They are crazy, get some consistency, why put the aircraft on the route for just over a month and raise peoples expectations to then go and remove it.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 12:21 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by travelislife
They are crazy, get some consistency, why put the aircraft on the route for just over a month and raise peoples expectations to then go and remove it.
as has been mentioned, Thai are a company in complete chaos and disarray. They are proving this time and time again. It's a little bit scary to think how unorganised they are.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 12:00 pm

THAI to operate Boeing 787 to Ho Chi Minh (TG556/557) from 26OCT14, replacing planned Kuala Lumpur service.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 4:07 pm
DVX

I suppose consolidating the 787 routes down to just two countries (Vietnam & Japan) might make some sense in case any of them has a mechanical issue. That way you won't have a lone 787 stranded in a far flung location like Perth.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

THAI have a spiffy new TV commercial highlighting the 787 - I've seen it a few times here in Thailand on local TV.

"The new lifestyle above the Earth?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEW2Jn0Eae0
Old Sep 23, 2014, 4:04 am

Programs: QF Gold
Is there a seat map for TGs 787 available yet?
Old Sep 23, 2014, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by jimyvr
THAI to operate Boeing 787 to Ho Chi Minh (TG556/557) from 26OCT14, replacing planned Kuala Lumpur service.
Ho Chi Minh and Fukuoka 787 service delayed till 01NOV14

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.