Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

MEL-BKK on 777 - is it old Biz or Jet Airways plane?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MEL-BKK on 777 - is it old Biz or Jet Airways plane?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2012, 3:53 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by ozstamps

So far from the comments above I have no idea WHAT 777 flies from MEL and the Biz seating.
i replied to you with the aircraft type and direct link to thai's product information pdf file. The Thai Australia site also mentions the seating on the Australia routes.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dazz81

ozstamps - it's quite easy to refer to thaiairways.com to find the seating configuration. you have been putting way too much trust in seatguru.
Nothing on thaiairways.com is especially 'easy' to locate IMHO, and if regular TG fliers are happy to see seatguru be years out of date simply as a few scans need be loaded to help update them, well too bad really. @:-)

It is a 2 way street.

I've been an active member on this board for very many years longer than anyone posting above, and trust me, assisting sites like seatguru assists EVERYONE.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 3:57 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Nothing on thaiairways.com is especially 'easy' to locate IMHO, and if regular TG fliers are happy to see seatguru be years out of date simply as a few scans need be loaded to help update them, well too bad really. @:-)

It is a 2 way street.

I've been an active member on this board for very many years longer than anyone posting above, and trust me, assisting sites like seatguru assists EVERYONE.
You must have my posts on ignore I guess???
Old Jun 16, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
You must have my posts on ignore I guess???
Perhaps mine were too.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 10:04 am
soy

Programs: various
Seatguru is very accurate for US based airlines and fairly good for the major Euro airlines. After that, it is quite hit and miss. Shame really as it used to be accurate a few years back. I always cross check the seatguru seat map with an alternative source.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
I can confirm the TG 773 ex MEL is with the current lie flat seats, at a 60' pitch, the seat map that was extracted and posted above.

The leased 77Ws operate to Paris (with full lie flats in herringbone lay-out and 'suites' in F).

Aircraft substitution to MEL occurs with the 772. This still has the almost same angled lie flats at the 773, but in a 2+2+2 configuration.

There are none of the seat guru ones left.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.