Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parking at DFW - options, questions, suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2007, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Parking at DFW - options, questions, suggestions

When I left DFW yesterday, the tollbooth clerk handed me a flyer touting parking enhancements. One is that you can now get receipts emailed to you, if you pay for parking using your tolltag.

Has anyone done this yet, or if you have used your tolltag there recently, can you log onto your NTTA account and give it a try? I'm curious what the turnaround time is to get the receipt. The lack of a timely receipt has always kept me from using my tag when parking for business, so if I can get a receipt quick enough to not delay the expense report, that would be a big plus for me.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
I always log onto NTTA and print my report - they typically have parking posted within 24 hours and I'm rarely faster than that at completing my expense reports.

I'd imagine the email receipts will probably take the same amount of time - I'm told they have some type of daily auditing process they do and then they batch post tolls/parking at one time (vs. continual posting) so unless they have changed the batching, I'm sure there will still be a short lag.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks. What can you print from the site? Is it just a listing with a line item "DFW airport $68" that you circle? Or does it show more details?
Old Feb 14, 2007, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Its a detail that shows DFW Airport, time/date of entry, location of entry (north or south plus toll gate number), time/date of exit, location, and total charge along with the notation "parking".

You can do a print screen, download as a PDF, or download into Excel.

I used to have to turn expenses into the worlds most ridiculously strict accounting department and they accepted the toll site print out with no questions. Its pretty clearly labeled, and since they also hit your card for the exact amount of the parking charge - vs. taking it off the prepaid on the tag, you have a matching charge on your credit card to back it up should you need additional documentation to show where the charge came from.

I've heard that some companies are even buying toll tags for employees to use now for parking as they can batch a group of them together for reporting purposes and print summary billing reports.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
Do you need a receipt for a $17 expense? If not, just enter the expense separately for each day you're travelling. Works wonders.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At my last employer, I needed a receipt to get reimbursed a $0.40 toll charge.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

DFW parking coupons

From USA TODAY's Airport Check-in column:
"Dallas/Fort Worth passengers who want to park close to the terminal this fall are in luck. Travelers parking at the airport will be able to get coupons for discounted parking at $17-a-day terminal lots as they exit the toll plaza. The coupons will allow them to park for $10 a day at the close-in lots on a future visit. Coupons will be distributed Oct. 29-Nov. 11 and can be used through Dec. 15."
Note to self - to get coupon, do not use the tolltag lane to exit this week.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 10:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Originally Posted by swag
From USA TODAY's Airport Check-in column:

Note to self - to get coupon, do not use the tolltag lane to exit this week.

Hmm, that's why I haven't seen these! Terrific deal. But I will say that $17 to be able to fall into the terminal if you tripped over while closing the trunk of your car was not bad either.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 10:15 am

Programs: WN A-list Preferred and CP, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, RIP Kimpton
DFW Offsite Parking

I figured this would get better traffic here than in the travel destination forums. I'm flying out of DFW this week for a two week trip. What are the offsite parking options? This one is on my dime instead of the company so thought I'd try and save a few more $$$ over the hassle of remote parking. Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 10:38 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, Avis CC, AMX Plat, SVO
We use The Parking Spot whenever we drive to the airport... we prefer the south location on Valley View. If you click through the link above, select which location is closest for you and make sure to print the coupon as it is a great savings!

You can choose from covered or open-air parking, both at what I would consider reasonable rates for the pick-up/drop-off service. They will come to your car to pick you and your luggage off, assist with your luggage and drop you at the terminal. When you arrive back at DFW, you will be driven directly to your car (don't lose the card where they write your parking location!), unlike the onsite DFW parking where you schlep your luggage throughout the parking lot!

Hope this helps!
Old Jun 30, 2008, 10:39 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
I use The Parking Spot. They have two locations at DFW (North off 114 and South off 183). They have a really good frequent parker program, so all my personal parking is free. I think prices are on the website, but I find that covered runs about $12.50/day w/ tax (uncovered is available for less). There are currently coupons available in the current American Way (10% mid-week, 20% with a Sat night stay)....not sure if the new 7/01 American Ways will have them though.

I have also used Park N Fly off of 635 if that is more convenient to you.

I think the others are too small to bother with. That said, sometimes these guys are a blessing when you leave from one terminal and return to another. Somestimes you'll curse them for taking so long to pick you up. I find it's all pretty much a wash, and if I'm not running late for my flight, I use them.

You should definately allow a little extra time getting to the airport as the shuttle could end up going to every terminal to drop off pax.

EDITED TO ADD: Use the coupon in the link above for travel by 8/29 -- 30%/20% is a much better deal! And THANKS TxnTravlr for posting. The American Way coupon is good til 12/31, so I'll continue to grab those too -- ripped out a whole load of them at the AC this morn.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
I prefer the north Parking Spot.

There are a bunch of other options off of 114.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 10:50 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, Avis CC, AMX Plat, SVO
Just for the record, the coupon for the South location is better right now... (North is 20% w/Saturday and 10% w/o Saturday stay)

*30% off with Saturday night stay. 20% off without Saturday night stay. Coupon must be surrendered and may not be combined with any other offer. Coupon not valid for On-Airport Valet. © 2008 PRG Parking Management, LLC. Valid only at Dallas/DFW South airport location. Coupon Expires 08/29/2008

(I have always found a current coupon on their website... )
Old Jun 30, 2008, 10:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, United 1k
Originally Posted by TxnTravlr
We use The Parking Spot whenever we drive to the airport... we prefer the south location on Valley View. If you click through the link above, select which location is closest for you and make sure to print the coupon as it is a great savings!

You can choose from covered or open-air parking, both at what I would consider reasonable rates for the pick-up/drop-off service. They will come to your car to pick you and your luggage off, assist with your luggage and drop you at the terminal. When you arrive back at DFW, you will be driven directly to your car (don't lose the card where they write your parking location!), unlike the onsite DFW parking where you schlep your luggage throughout the parking lot!

Hope this helps!
The one thing I have noticed it seems like Parking Spot North has allot more frequency of buses running from the North side when I come back. It's never too much or a problem or more then a 10 minute wait either way for the shuttle to arrive.

Of course when you're not on your own dime try Freedom Park ;-) I like their valet service better then short term parking at DFW
Old Jun 30, 2008, 11:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Another vote for the Parking Spot.

As for the van frequency, I've found it's completely hit and miss. If I'm at the North lot, I'll see two South vans, 2 remote norths, and a remote south before my North van. Murphy's Law, I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.