Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

San Antonio for a conference - arriving Sunday, last day of Fiesta...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond

I've not been to San Antonio before. I will be arriving on Sunday afternoon and am staying at the Menger Hotel.

I will have a car. My time to do things on my own is limited to Sunday after I arrive, and then again Tuesday evening.

When I arrive will the downtown area be completely nuts due to Fiesta?

I would like to try "real" BBQ so was thinking of driving out to Lockhart Sunday afternoon to go to Black's. Is that a smart move, or a dumb one?

I will have time on Tuesday for dinner on my own. I'm a craft beer lover (IPAs) so would love to hear where is walkable from the Menger where I could get some delicious TX brews and good food. I will be going to La Gloria on Monday night, so probably don't want Mexican again, but am open to anything else, just nothing fancy.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Take it you mean today? Shouldn't be too bad. Try not to drive over any of the umpteen million beer bottles left in the road.

I would get out of downtown for food. Other than the Esquire, downtown caters to tourists with bland food and expensive drinks. Head up to the Pearl or down to Southtown. Try The Friendly Spot for beer.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
I will have time on Tuesday for dinner on my own. I'm a craft beer lover (IPAs) so would love to hear where is walkable from the Menger where I could get some delicious TX brews and good food. I will be going to La Gloria on Monday night, so probably don't want Mexican again, but am open to anything else, just nothing fancy.
Recommend going to Southerleigh at Pearl. http://www.southerleigh.com/beer/

I 2nd The Friendly Spot, huge selection and good people watching.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.