Wiki Posts
Search

New DFW Minute Nap Suites!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2013, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex, UA Prem G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
New DFW Minute Nap Suites!!!

I just came across with this new. DFW airport now has small suites where you can either take a nap, shower or wait for your next flight. I think it is worthy the posting and I wasnt sure where to post it.. Here is the link to the news:

http://www.pegasusnews.com/news/2013...r-dfw-airport/
Old Jun 5, 2013, 7:43 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Looks like a barely re-written press release.

Sounds like a nice option for an infrequent traveler that doesn't have lounge access. I've had pretty good luck conking out on the floor of the A terminal Admirals Club before. Or in the D terminal one that has near-flat reclining chairs.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 7:53 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by Travelergcp
Looks like a barely re-written press release.

Sounds like a nice option for an infrequent traveler that doesn't have lounge access. I've had pretty good luck conking out on the floor of the A terminal Admirals Club before. Or in the D terminal one that has near-flat reclining chairs.
Had an 8-hour layover at DFW yesterday, found the nap suites on google and planned to head over to it. But, at $35/hour I ended up just falling asleep in the Admirals Club while pondering spending $100+ on the nap suite.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 7:58 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I'll bet they're hoping you'll oversleep with the $35/hour clock running.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 8:27 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow the discussion as the thread moves to the Texas forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, 2MM, Bonvoy PLT, NYT Monday crossword puzzle solver extraordinaire
While these suites would be more private for napping, who would pay $35/hour for them when you can get a AAdmirals Club day pass for $50?

Showers, comfortable chairs, and free booze, for $15 more than the first hour in a "Tokyo Coffin". @:-)
Old Jun 6, 2013, 2:55 pm

Full disclosure: I know the founders of Minute Suites well and have a very small interest in the company.

Minute Suites isn't for everyone (I also think it's expensive). But they did a lot of market research before launching and it's been doing pretty well in ATL and PHL. There are definitely people who are less frugal than me (or many FTers) and who are willing to pay for a private place to work or nap during a layover--including people who already have lounge memberships.

Even if you think you'll never use it, stop by and ask for a tour. They don't give out free stays, but at other locations (I haven't been to DFW yet) the employees are very happy to show you a suite as long as there's an empty one to show. And the suites don't come close to resembling "Tokyo coffins." They're sized somewhere between a very large office cubicle and a compact hotel room, and they're quite comfortable and nicely appointed.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 10:41 am

Programs: AA PLT, AA 1MM, Marriott GLD
I do think there are people out there who would use it. I sort of doubt I would, for the price, but I don't nap well. I'd be annoyed with myself if I paid for 2-3 hours in one of those suites just to stare at the walls.

From the pics I have seen, they look like nice spaces. If I had a long layover and a lot of work to do involving many phone calls, I might consider it, as it's doubtless more comfortable than the terminal or even lounge.

I tried once to sleep in the Admiral's Club at LAX on a layover between HNL and DFW, but no luck. Of course, that day it was cold enough in there to hang meat, which doesn't bode well for napping.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FWIW, there was something like that offered at LAX TB Intl Terminal years ago, IIRC.
If it is still there, I would imagine the concept has some market acceptance.
Old May 12, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
So it turns out they now partner with Priority Pass (free with my Sapphire Reserve card) and they give you the first hour free. I'm currently in one and it's quite nice. I wouldn't pay for it myself, but I can see the benefit. The sofa has a trundle so 2 could sleep comfortably. There is free wifi (12.5 Mbps down and 5.5 up right now) and a computer/tv with directv and Netflix access (need your own Netflix credentials). Temp is individually controlled, there are several light options (including off) and a white noise generator that you can adjust. A small desk and some water for sale (they take a CC for incidentals). A mirror, alarm clock, hangars and pillows and a blanket. I really like the idea and of course being included with Priority Pass will use them whenever I can - apparently the company has been around for 10 years but still only 6 locations...goal of opening in all major airports eventually. Obviously they are being cautious and calculated on where/when they open - which is a good business model...if they can get the word out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.