Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

Houston Hobby Airport to George Bush Airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2011, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

I'm on a business trip leg on my way to a vacation to London that leaves from George Bush. How do I get to George Bush from Hobby?

I have the option of:
A) Booking a Houston Hobby Hotel and taking the shuttle to George Bush the next morning? Can I do that? Are there hotels with shuttles to both airports?

B) Booking a flight the next morning into hobby and somehow getting to George Bush. I looked into this and someone said a cab was around $70. But the bus lines seem abysmal. Which would be the cheapest/fastest awy?
Old Feb 20, 2011, 3:13 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Any way to change the flight to arrive at IAH? That would obviously be easiet.

Originally Posted by chibiutena
A) Booking a Houston Hobby Hotel and taking the shuttle to George Bush the next morning? Can I do that? Are there hotels with shuttles to both airports?
Yes there are, but I doubt that they will take you all the way to IAH, it's quite a hike. OTOH, they may do it for a fee.

Originally Posted by chibiutena
B) Booking a flight the next morning into hobby and somehow getting to George Bush. I looked into this and someone said a cab was around $70. But the bus lines seem abysmal. Which would be the cheapest/fastest awy?
Sounds about right Here's a recent thread where I posted about a couple of options:

CO forum thread

Your best bet may be to stay at Hobby and since downtown is fairly close the hotel shuttle should be able to take you there, and from there you can catch the express bus. That info as well as the Supershuttle info in the above thread.

EmailKId
Old Feb 23, 2011, 1:01 am

Programs: Oneworld
Shuttle

Its been a few years but last I checked there was a shuttle between the two that leaves every hour and is I think around $25 to $35.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 7:14 am

you may also want to look for one way rental cars.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA,DL
Was Metro bus #102 going from HOU to IAH not runing any more? It cost me about $3 few years ago.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 11:55 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
I posted this in a thread about a year ago. Bus can get you there fine.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...contl-iah.html
Cheapest is normally going to be $2.50 (unless you have a Houston metro Q card which would make the total trip $1.25)

The 88 bus runs from the Hobby Metro bus-stop area; it goes toward downtown where you get off near, but not in, the Transit center. There (same bus stop) you catch the 102 to IAH and pay another 1.25 (for the 2.50 total) The 102 bus goes all over greenspoint and various areas and takes forever but this is the cheapest. On a good day you are looking at a minimum of 2 hours. I'd plan for at least 2:30.

For a faster trip via the bus (but more cost)-
I would suggest taking the 88 as noted above then going to the airport direct bus pickup across from the transit center and paying extra to go directly to IAH.
In fact I did the Bush Airport Express to 88 bus last Wednesday and made it from jetway at IAH term B to driving my car out at Hobby (long story had to change flights and airports last minute) in 1 hour 35 minutes and this was during the start of rush hour.

Block roughly 2 hours for transit and you should be via the bus.

One change to what I posted last year is the fact the IAH Metro Airport Direct Bus is now only 4.50, but it makes about three other stops downtown (hotels) before arriving at the transit center.

So Hobby Bus 88 to downtown, then catch Airport Direct to IAH-Bush.
The even have a nice waiting area at the airport direct terminal downtown, TVs, flight boards, water, coffee, toilets.

Total cost with metro is $5.75 if you take the direct bus ~ 2 hours or less.

www.ridemetro.org for maps and timings.

Ciao,
FH
Old Aug 7, 2014, 4:05 pm

It looks like the Airport Direct bus to IAH discontinued service back, is that correct? So is the best way now to use the local busses (88 to 102)? Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2014, 4:47 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
There was no Texas forum when this thread started, but we have one now, so I'm moving this request there from Budget Travel.

~moderator
Old Aug 11, 2014, 8:54 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by dustbuster
It looks like the Airport Direct bus to IAH discontinued service back, is that correct? So is the best way now to use the local busses (88 to 102)? Thanks!
Correct the direct bus has stopped so you have to hit 102 now. It takes longer but is very, very cheap.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 7:44 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
UberX fare quote shows $37-50.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.