Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

"View Profile" Page: See all visitors, rather than 5?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2008, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club

First, I acknowledge my ignorance.** I just discovered the box on this page where we can view who has visited it ("us"). It shows the last five visitors, but there are, in everyone's case, many more tallied.

I've asked if we might have a feature that allows all the people who have visited "us" to be listed. The response is that they can look into it if there's enough interest.

My idea is that it be the feature that already exists, built up a little (or just exposed?) and make it viewable by the account holder only. Seems that if the system keeps a running tally (which strongly begs the question of who) that they must have the screen names in here somewhere. It seems to me that who all one's visitors have been is even more interesting to the member than is everyone knowing the last five people who've visited that person, and how many. (And for IB, it would add a lot of click-ins and click-outs.)

What do you think? Thanks.

**My naivete extends to not knowing the best home for this, but this is the board that we definitely know the FlyerTalk Administrators (and a pretty big audience, including many interested Mods) watch. I hope the Administrators might keep it here so that it gets exposure and they can keep an eye on it. So please don't suggest a more obscure place if you don't like the idea. If it's not bouyant here, then it'll sink to obscurity anyway... Thanks again.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 7:44 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I see 1 to 10 different visitors on various FTer profile pages. For example mine has the last 10 visitors listed.

Perhaps all your profile visits are from the same 5 people?
Old Oct 30, 2008, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Perhaps all your profile visits are from the same 5 people?
I doubt it. Otherwise those five would be stalkers, since they keep coming back to Firewind.

One thing I did figure out is if your profile visitors are not FT Premium, they won't be listed. Their visits will roll your counter but their handles won't be displayed under "Recent Visitors."

Last edited by lin821; Oct 30, 2008 at 10:48 pm Reason: typo
Old Oct 30, 2008, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I see 1 to 10 different visitors on various FTer profile pages. For example mine has the last 10 visitors listed.
I think this means you are allowed to see max of 10 most recent visitors, who are also FT Premium. (Check out Lucky's profile. His number is 10 as well.)

If there are fewer than 10 FT Premium who ever visit your profile, your "Recent Visitors" section shall have a number less than 10.

I am assuming OP's profile has been viewed by 5 FT Premium by far.

Originally Posted by Firewind
My idea is that it be the feature that already exists, built up a little (or just exposed?) and make it viewable by the account holder only. Seems that if the system keeps a running tally (which strongly begs the question of who) that they must have the screen names in here somewhere. It seems to me that who all one's visitors have been is even more interesting to the member than is everyone knowing the last five people who've visited that person, and how many. (And for IB, it would add a lot of click-ins and click-outs.)

What do you think? Thanks.
(Bolding mine)

That's not how it works right now though.

In terms of clicks/views, for the sake of argument, the current system allows "your visitors" to see who your friends are (if you have any ), and who ever "pay attention" to you. If "your visitors" spot some familiar or interesting handles/avitars, they can proceed to check out those FTers (loosely) "associated" with you. That's how social networking happens, isn't it?

Whether those extra clicks/views will bring in more revenue for IB, well, I just don't know.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by lin821
...One thing I did figure out is if your profile visitors are not FT Premium, they won't be listed. Their visits will roll your counter but their handles won't be displayed under "Recent Visitors."
I don't think that this is exactly true. I was looking at someone's page, and my screen name was there. But I'm not a premium member.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Firewind
Originally Posted by lin821
...One thing I did figure out is if your profile visitors are not FT Premium, they won't be listed. Their visits will roll your counter but their handles won't be displayed under "Recent Visitors."
I don't think that this is exactly true. I was looking at someone's page, and my screen name was there. But I'm not a premium member.
Well, then it probably has something to do with the invisible mode as well. If you are "invisible", you shouldn't be listed in the "Recent Visitors" section, right?
Old Oct 30, 2008, 11:12 pm

Programs: DL, AA
"Guests" or people who are not logged in also bump the counter, but do not show-up on the list of names.

Back to the OP, would you just want to know who has visited your profile or also how many times that person has visited? The order in which they visit or just that ABC viewed your profile X times? Of course, until your profile is showing at least 10 names, you pretty much know everyone who has visited. If the names don't show up now, I don't think they would under your proposal.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by scoow
"Guests" or people who are not logged in also bump the counter, but do not show-up on the list of names.
Good point! Anyone hits your profile should bump the counter.

The reason why I didn't bring up the "guests" part in "Recent Visits" is that I assume only registered FTers will be listed under "Recent Visits" (I only see FT handles there).

Guests and internet "stalkers" simply don't have, or don't want to have, FT handles (yet ).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.