Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FT Premium Renewal Process

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2006, 11:07 am
Tim at WebFlyer

FT Premium Renewal Process

There has been some confusion over the process of renewing FT Premium due to unclear instructions in our old email reminder. To renew your FT Premium access complete the following two steps:

1) Renew your subscription to InsideFlyer.com at (both are required): http://www.insideflyer.com/login.php...gnup/renew.php to renew

2) Reclaim your premium access by completing the form at: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/claim_subscription.php

Both of these steps must be completed for your FT Premium access to be extended. Thank you,

Old Oct 2, 2006, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 3mm Plat
Originally Posted by Tim at WebFlyer
There has been some confusion over the process of renewing FT Premium due to unclear instructions in our old email reminder. To renew your FT Premium access complete the following two steps:

1) Renew your subscription to InsideFlyer.com at (both are required): http://www.insideflyer.com/login.php...gnup/renew.php to renew

2) Reclaim your premium access by completing the form at: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/claim_subscription.php

Both of these steps must be completed for your FT Premium access to be extended. Thank you,

Tim,

This morning ads have begun to reappear when I log on.

Since I did not get a notice, I am just wondering if it is time to renew or if it is a glitch.

Thanks for any help,
(Teacher49)

Last edited by Teacher49; Oct 2, 2006 at 5:11 pm
Old Oct 2, 2006, 9:25 am
Tim at WebFlyer

Your account just expired, yes. You might want to check your spam filtered emails or other rules you might have in place to sort your mail or you can use the instructions in the post above to renew. Thanks,

Old Oct 2, 2006, 11:17 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Tim, I'm having the same problem. When I renewed my subscription on the phone a couple of weeks ago, the woman who took my call said she would renew everything for me on your end, but apparently something is left undone.

So my question is basically, what is left for me to do?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Oct 2, 2006, 11:29 am
Tim at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Tim, I'm having the same problem. When I renewed my subscription on the phone a couple of weeks ago, the woman who took my call said she would renew everything for me on your end, but apparently something is left undone.

So my question is basically, what is left for me to do?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Our apologies for this. I will get in contact with customer service and see if I can't get this straitened out for you. Thanks,

Old Dec 30, 2006, 9:25 am

I'm seeing a bunch of adverts, although it doesn't seem like my subscription should have ended (and no notice, although it could have ended up in the spam list.)
Old Jan 2, 2007, 10:15 am
Tim at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by JohnAx
I'm seeing a bunch of adverts, although it doesn't seem like my subscription should have ended (and no notice, although it could have ended up in the spam list.)
Your InsideFlyer subscription has expired recently, you should be able to update it and your ad free access with the two steps above if you can't find the email. Thanks,

Old Jan 3, 2007, 7:20 am

I'm getting piles of ads but my subscription expires on 06/27/2007 according to InsideFlyer.

I've resubmitted myself and will see if that works, it recognised the above date

Last edited by garethmorgan; Jan 3, 2007 at 7:29 am
Old Jan 3, 2007, 9:09 am
Tim at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by garethmorgan
I'm getting piles of ads but my subscription expires on 06/27/2007 according to InsideFlyer.

I've resubmitted myself and will see if that works, it recognised the above date
If you follow the two steps at the top of this you should be all set up till 06/27/2007 then. Let us know if you have any problems.

Old Jan 3, 2007, 2:02 pm

It's worked OK, as before.

What I wondered was why it had stopped suppressing ads.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 4:58 pm
Tim at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by garethmorgan
It's worked OK, as before.

What I wondered was why it had stopped suppressing ads.
When your subscription expires and is renewed on IF.com your premium account has to be reclaimed on FlyerTalk to continue getting ad free access. I expect that this was the cause of this.

Old Jan 3, 2007, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by Tim at WebFlyer
Your InsideFlyer subscription has expired recently, you should be able to update it and your ad free access with the two steps above if you can't find the email. Thanks,
You might want to review what it is about the emails you send that sometimes snares them. I note that the email address you have for me is perfectly good, but I missed or didn't receive a renewal notice and also any emails that should have been sent as a result of subscribing to this thread. I personally triage emails in my spam pile by looking for either a familiar sender or a meaningful subject, so an email from "FlyerTalk" with a subject of "FlyerTalk premium subscription expiring" would have certainly gotten my attention, while one from "FT" or "Subscription Department" with a more generic subject would have gone to its death.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 8:46 pm

Programs: EY Gold, AS MVPG, BAEC Gold, DL PM
Oh wow! Even though I've subscribed to InsideFlyer, I wasn't aware of the existence of a premium version of FT!
Just claimed my ad-free FT experience. Thanks!
Old Oct 6, 2007, 10:07 am

Programs: UA General Member
Well, something is broken.

I renewed my InsideFlyer account and I can log in there and verify that my subscription is valid until 10/2008. When I go to the flyertalk page referenced above to reclaim my subscription, and supply my IF username (same as here) and password (different from here), I get an error message that says, "We could not find an active InsideFlyer.com user account that matches the info you have provided."
Old Nov 18, 2007, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA/*A nobody, Bonvoy Plat, SW A-list, Hertz 5* (but who isn't???)
Regarding FT Premium subscribers, does the "+" sign next to a member's name in a list of people currently visiting a forum, denote "Premium" subscriber status?

Thanks
Jim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.