Wiki Posts
Search

Search not working?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2005, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, AA, DL, UA
Search not working?

In the past couple of days I have not been able to do use the search feature, either using Search at the navigation bar at the top, or Search this Forum. I type in my query string <good friday> and press enter. Firefox spins around for a minute or so and says "Loading..." but in the end I just get back the forum directory page I started with.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0
Old Feb 9, 2005, 2:12 pm

Programs: Former UA 1P
Search has been displaying the above behavior for me for most of the afternoon (EST). Searches just hang and don't go anywhere.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA Premier, SPG Gold, HP/US/whatever nothing :-)
I cant do ANY search yet when I did one this morning it worked fine. I get the following:

olympicnut, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. This forum may require additional account pre-requisites that you don't current have. Check the Announcements for this forum to see if you're required to have a minimum number of posts already, etc.
3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Same "no Permission" here.

Also, it has dissapeared off the Formums menu bar between "calendars & Quick Links"
Old Feb 10, 2005, 4:42 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Search has been disabled while the team at HoM test some things out. Please read the announcement (in all forums). Discussion is in this thread.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 12:59 pm

I cant find the thread I created and I get this same message when I click on search

Originally Posted by olympicnut
I cant do ANY search yet when I did one this morning it worked fine. I get the following:

olympicnut, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. This forum may require additional account pre-requisites that you don't current have. Check the Announcements for this forum to see if you're required to have a minimum number of posts already, etc.
3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 1:00 pm

How do I find my own thread?

There isn't even a phone or an email address on this site to ask a question!
Old Feb 16, 2005, 1:27 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Welcome to FT travelangel

I'm confused. You have 2 posts, both on this thread. What other thread you posted are you referring to?

BTW some clever FTers have posted how to search using google. here for example

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Feb 16, 2005 at 1:34 pm
Old Feb 17, 2005, 9:14 am

Searching feature

Thanks for your response. I clicked on that link and it didn't work.
i guess I am having 2 problems:
1. I tried to search on a thread I created under Miles and Points forum. I couldn't find it so I created a new one.
2. I select Help from the top menu and then Search and I get that error message from above.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Welcome to FT travelangel

I'm confused. You have 2 posts, both on this thread. What other thread you posted are you referring to?

BTW some clever FTers have posted how to search using google. here for example
Old Feb 17, 2005, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by travelangel
1. I tried to search on a thread I created under Miles and Points forum. I couldn't find it so I created a new one.
TA: You have three posts. They are all on this thread. Therefore, the reason you can't find your "other thread" is because there isn't one. Not unless you have another handle, like "Soon to be Travel Angel" or "Legna Levart."

Do you know a lot of IBBs that offer a phone number if you have a question?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.