Search

"Report Bad Post" Function Working?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2004, 10:50 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
"Report Bad Post" Function Working?

Is the "Report Bad Post" function working? I have reported several bad posts over the past few days, and have yet to receive a response.
Old Jun 25, 2004, 10:52 am
dan at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by cactuspete
Is the "Report Bad Post" function working? I have reported several bad posts over the past few days, and have yet to receive a response.
The feature does work... we receive and handle them on this end. If it requires a response, then we respond.

Old Jun 25, 2004, 1:00 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by dan at WebFlyer
... If it requires a response, then we respond.
Same, of course, with other boards. It's working fine and it's a good tool for the members and moderators to have for those posts that are truly "bad."
Old Jun 25, 2004, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
I reported one this afternoon and few moments the poster was banned. I have no idea if the report post function was what triggered it since it seemed to happen very quickly, but it appears to have helped.
Old Jun 25, 2004, 6:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dan at WebFlyer
If it requires a response, then we respond.
Which, of course, begs the question of what requires a response. I trust that all of the helpful moderators would give the "reporter" at least the courtesy of a response, no? Thanks for your help, nonetheless.

Last edited by cactuspete; Jun 25, 2004 at 7:03 pm Reason: To note that my 4 stalkers apparently didn't approve of the thread - they each gave it a 1-star rating :(
Old Jun 25, 2004, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Somwhere on the highways and byways of the United States
Programs: WWBTNFTMTP Evangelist
Which, of course, begs the question of what requires a response. I trust that all of the helpful moderators would give the "reporter" at least the courtesy of a response, no? Thanks for your help, nonetheless.

I gave you a 5, so cheer up.
Old Jun 26, 2004, 9:50 am

Cool

Last edited by cactuspete : Today at 1:03 am. Reason: To note that my 4 stalkers apparently didn't approve of the thread - they each gave it a 1-star rating
At least there's no reason to worry about the crybaby function which is obviously working fine.
Old Jun 26, 2004, 10:01 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Exclamation

Originally Posted by SMessier
At least there's no reason to worry about the crybaby function which is obviously working fine.
One stalker revelaed. Do the other three also wish to come forward publicly?
Old Jun 26, 2004, 10:44 am

Unhappy

I think you might possibly be insane. No, really.
Old Jun 26, 2004, 12:18 pm

Programs: lapsed UA 1K (now a lowly 2P), HGP Platinum
Not this kind of crap again!
Old Jun 27, 2004, 10:03 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
This all seems very strange to me. I'm wondering if somehow, like with the whole reputation thing, if some votes somehow count more than others? Does the "weight" of a vote on a thread rating depending on who is the rater? It's strange that even if those 4 votes were 1's that the 13 other votes wouldn't bring it up more?
Old Jun 27, 2004, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Originally Posted by cblaisd
This all seems very strange to me. I'm wondering if somehow, like with the whole reputation thing, if some votes somehow count more than others? Does the "weight" of a vote on a thread rating depending on who is the rater? It's strange that even if those 4 votes were 1's that the 13 other votes wouldn't bring it up more?
Sometimes, the simplest answer is the best one.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 10:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Who knows? More likely, it's just another "silly" game being played by the clique. I made the comment about the ratings thing because on 2 threads that I started that day, both had 4 ratings (each 1-star) within minutes of the thread being posted - -yet the forum page only showed 1 "view" on each thread (even after refreshing the page). Odd.

As for the Report Bad Post, I still have not heard from any of the moderators (there are 4 in the forum), having reported the bad posts 4 and 5 days ago, repsectively.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 11:02 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by SMessier
I think you might possibly be insane. No, really.
Do the FT general TOS apply to posts in the Technical Issues forum?
Old Jun 29, 2004, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Somwhere on the highways and byways of the United States
Programs: WWBTNFTMTP Evangelist

Right now it is 18 votes and 1.44 rating. I gave him a 5 and someone else, probably himself gave a 5. The other 16 are ones. That is 26 points divided by 18 votes = 1.44.

Kinda amazing how he got piled onto by everyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.